M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Guys!

I have connected most of the KIT last night but I have some doubts, on the harness that connects to the ballast located on top of the housing of the headlight, there is a lil wire coming out (seems to be a ground it has a loophole) but the cable is too short to be connected to the negative pole on battery. My question is:

Do i ground it anywhere near and fix it with a bolt or screw?

Should I add more wire to make it go all the way to connect to the negative pole on my battery?

Thanx in advance!

·
Registered
16,260 Posts
IMO either way will work. Just depends on what you're comfortable with.

·
Radio Active Member
27,661 Posts
:agree: but make sure that is goes to a solid/good constant ground. Are you sure that it is a ground wire?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know what u mean!

Everything that has a connector is plugged. And I just see a looong cable going down under the gas tank and that is the positive. But I was wondering if the other one is extra and I should just cancel and tape it or if it is necesary for the light to run? I hope I explain myself here and not confuse everyone???

Anyhow, i guess I should try the light with out that short wire connected and see what hapen or no?:dontknow::dontknow:

What do you think?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Because!

Of that three way connector!

I was thinking this should be grounded, so why do i need another one to ground? I read the thing and watch the how to posts and dont see that cable anywhere else illustrated.

Hey and thanx for the replies it really helps a lot!

·
Registered
5,204 Posts
Of that three way connector!

I was thinking this should be grounded, so why do i need another one to ground? I read the thing and watch the how to posts and dont see that cable anywhere else illustrated.

Hey and thanx for the replies it really helps a lot!
That is the ground for actuating your hi beam. You need to ground it or the high beam won't work. I extended mine and grounded it where I have several other grounds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Radio Active Member
27,661 Posts
Is this the kit that was sold on the other forum? If so, I heard that there were going to send out a new "correct" harness to everyone. If not I would call the manufacture to get support to make sure that you get it hooked up correctly.

Does anyone R&D products anymore.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Well...

After some nips, cuts, additions, few mo bucks, etc...Got it working!

Yes i got it from the other site, and have to say I was surprised to see the harness "PATCHED" when i got it, they added in a very McGiver way an extra piece to the positive and the GROUND was very short maybe 10" long. So I "corrected" by cutting the extra piece on the positive which made it a little longer than needed, and had to go and buy extra wire, etc, to extend the ground and connect to the negative on battery (didn't want to take chances with a bad ground). I tried it without the ground fixed and light simply won't work (not only high beam) at the end, got it working :bigthumbsup:

Glad you mentioned the harness replacement cause I am going to find out about it, thanx for the posts to all, have to say people here really pitched in with ideas!

Keep the down side dirty:doorag:

PS BTW this is the link that helped me doing everything, very neat THANKS A LOT TO WINDRIDER!!!

http://www.m109riders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115455

1 - 10 of 10 Posts