M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The bike is a 2007 with 15000 mi. everything works good until it is at full power in 1st and 2nd, at about 5500 rpm it feels like it jumps. If the bike were belt driven i would say it feels like the drive belt jumped a tooth. it does it and then goes right back to full power. Maybe the clutch slipping? but why not all the way through the power? Any ideas?

·
Registered
550 Posts
lot's of things could cause what you are feeling. some basics would be-1. fuel filter 2. clutch 3. clutch cable (Torque causing cable to be pulled/bad motor mounts)4.clutch nut. 5. bad gears in the tranny. 6.wiring issue. Difficult to figure out from a key board.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
my buddy had an 06 that would jump when accelerating. They found the drive shaft gears had worn out at the engine output side and would slip by under acceleration. There was very little grease on the gears and they were worn right away. May not be your problem, but I think I saw this similar issue posted here a real long time ago. :dontknow:

G

·
It sounds to me like the driveline issue some have had. The splines on the drive shaft where it enters the rear hub have been found to disintigrate due to lack of lubricating grease. They wear down until they start breaking. Sometimes they go all at once and sometimes the peices jam up and keep it connected for a while. But you get the simptoms you're feeling before it goes all together.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts