M109 Rider Forums banner

Does my front fender need some graphic?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I originally got my bike repainted, I was going to put some "racing stripes" down the front fender. Both Darren, my painter, and Lucky (Chad) felt like it was over doing the paint job and that the straight lines wouldn't go with the curvy graphic that we were doing. I agreed with them, but I was interested in what the rest of you guys thought.

I like the clean look of this paint job, but does the front fender look too naked?

Darren did a great job smoking my tail light....he even added just a bit of blue:

I love the way Darren painted the matte black side cover pieces!

Close up of the "drop shadow" off of the white pearl graphic:

My attempt at showing some of the pearl in my paint job:

She almost looks black in the shade; just like I wanted!

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
If you did a similar kind of stripe like is on the tank on the fender. Start it at the spot by where the front bolts on up the fender and back.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Looks great as is....... if you have to add something make it small, maybe a Suzuki "S" ?
Just my opinion

Still loved the flames too

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
subtle stripe, STRIPE IT LOL

·
Registered
5,562 Posts
I say leave it alone Bob! Or take off all the painted parts and send them to me and I will send you a set of black ones... :a18: ;)

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
Bobby, I absolutely to see where you are coming from. However, the bike looks outstanding the way it is. My fear is if you end up trying to do something on the fender to help, you will end up making it too busy and take away from the rest. I am going to agree with the others and say leave it as it is. You might want to see if Ricochet can photoshop you up something to see how it looks though if you really want it done.

·
Registered
8,311 Posts
No predicament there

:agree: with the majority...Looks good where it's at right now.. A modern retro look...with the striping you chose,it won't take much to get to busy..I like the clean front fender...I have been looking at my LE stripe for 4years now so that might be swaying my opinion:dontknow: but I vote ,leave it..:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the votes, fellas. I'll leave her alone; you never go against the boards! :doorag:

If you did a similar kind of stripe like is on the tank on the fender. Start it at the spot by where the front bolts on up the fender and back.
That's what we originally tried to lay out, but it just didn't fall right. Some things are easier said than done. We were trying to lay out lines that flowed with the bike and it just looked weird when we laid them out on the bike. We then tried 2 racing stripes which I liked but Darren and Chad shot it down...LOL.

looks fine as is, and way better than the flames job. At least 300% better:congrats:
Coming from a painter, that means a lot. This paint job is better. I am totally happy with the entire experience.

I say leave it alone Bob! Or take off all the painted parts and send them to me and I will send you a set of black ones... :a18: ;)
Your POW/MIA logo wouldn't work in blue, bro :D

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,882 Posts
I think it looks great as is. The upper surfaces have stripes while the lower surfaces are plain. Looks good that way. If you do the fender then you'll wonder about doing the radiator surround and side panels.

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
Fender looks good the way it is but would look even better with a big fat tire under it

1 - 20 of 26 Posts