M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I'm literally right in the middle of trying to lower my M90 (using Johnskit's lowering bones), and I have everything stripped off, with the bike raised on the lift; and I can not get the bolts on the bottom of the shock loose. I've used a breaker bar and everything, and they will not budge. Am I doing something wrong? These bolts are not reverse thread are they, because there is nothing in the instructions about that.

-I'm talking about the bottom three bolts on the underside of the shock that the lower part of the bones attach to.

Any hep would be GREAT!

Brian

·
Registered
381 Posts
Do not undo the bottom of the shock... take your top bolt out for the bones... then take the top bolt of the shock out.. this will allow the assembly to drop enough to remove the bottom bones bolt.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Do not undo the bottom of the shock... take your top bolt out for the bones... then take the top bolt of the shock out.. this will allow the assembly to drop enough to remove the bottom bones bolt.
what he said :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
381 Posts
the top bolt of the shock.. the fuel line will be in the way of removing it.. just bend it back about 1/8" till the bolt can be removed... real simple.. should only have to remove 3 bolts total and not the muffler. I am heading out but if you need a walk through i am about to pm my cell.. call it and i will try to help.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK guys thanks ALOT for the info & offer (Feelo)...I got the top bones bolt loose and I'm working on everything else. I'll keep you all inform.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, THANK YOU ALL for the assistance. On your recommedations I was able to finish and lower the bike. I'll tell you I'm once again in love with this thing! I'm 5'6" on a tall day and now I'm completely flat-footed which is the main reason why I wanted to lower the bike. I'll post pics when I clean her up. I bought 2 in lowering bones and it lowered the rear fender about 1 1/8", but it feels alot more than that. Thank you again for your help.

-Brian :D

·
Registered
743 Posts
i have tried the email address on the site and it keeps getting rejected is the address right

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This is the email that I have been using to contact John.

[email protected]

The M90 bones are not listed on his website yet. I emailed John and he told me to order a set for a different bike, then shoot him an email with the reciept number and he'll substitute the M90 Bones.

John is a standup guy and I had my bones within a week of ordering them.

BTW-I re-measured my lowered M90 and I think the fender may have lowered a hair under an 1 1/2". Just FYI.

·
Registered
743 Posts
This is the email that I have been using to contact John.

[email protected]

The M90 bones are not listed on his website yet. I emailed John and he told me to order a set for a different bike, then shoot him an email with the reciept number and he'll substitute the M90 Bones.

John is a standup guy and I had my bones within a week of ordering them.

BTW-I re-measured my lowered M90 and I think the fender may have lowered a hair under an 1 1/2". Just FYI.
i have tried that address alot of times must just be my server i will try a different one next time

1 - 10 of 10 Posts