M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I recently traded my C50T for this C109RT (2010) a couple months ago. The bike came with the pictured cobra exhaust system. The slashed tips are losing their chrome and I've been trying to locate replacement ones. Having so much difficulty trying to fix this problem. Everywhere I look it seems the pipes heat shields are supposed to be 2.5" so I order a couple from Cruiser Customizing along with some other gear. Unfortunately the tips are to small. I purchased a Vernier Calliper to measure properly and the new tips are definitely 2.5". The heat shields on my bike however are 2.75" and I have no idea where to find them or the actual name applied to these pipes. Are they speedsters or what?

I am truly baffled by this. no pun intended lol.

If any of you could help identify the name/model of these pipes and even a location to buy the tips I would be very grateful. I have emailed CobraUSA to no avail so far.

Regards Paul

20150629_134848 (800x450).jpg 20150629_134834 (800x450).jpg 20150628_234836 (800x450).jpg 20150628_234207 (800x450).jpg 20150628_164310 (800x450).jpg

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Cobra would be the best bet then? The model number of the pipes will be embossed on the back also your mounting bracket will have numbers on it. You may have to uninstall them but it will help when you call Cobra for the parts.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cobra would be the best bet then? The model number of the pipes will be embossed on the back also your mounting bracket will have numbers on it. You may have to uninstall them but it will help when you call Cobra for the parts.

Yeah this is crazy. I have emailed Cobra twice with pictures etc with no reply. Looks like I might have to make an overseas call to them. It can't be to hard for them to identify for a specific model C109RT that has 2.75" heat shields and not 2.5"

I'll have a better look to find a model number and have a closer look at that bracket then. Thanks for the tip wiskey.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
I can call Cobra for you if you get the numbers or I can just call with the pipe model which we know. Would be happy to assist a 9 brother just let me know.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I can call Cobra for you if you get the numbers or I can just call with the pipe model which we know. Would be happy to assist a 9 brother just let me know.

That's awesome thanks wiskey. I'll get back to you when i've had a chance to get under the bike

·
Registered
40 Posts
Exhaust tips

I had the exact thing happen to me. I bought a set of Hard Krome exhaust, 3 months and the chrome started flaking off of the tips. I called and email without any respond. So I dipped the tips in bleach, which took the chrome finish off, and had the tips powder coated black to match the bike. Save yourself some time and money.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts