M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is Saturday, things are shut down until Tuesday. I got on my 109, the bike went through the normal start up routine, I held the clutch, pressed the starter and nothing, no thing happened. I checked the kill switch and it is in the correct position. I have had 3,000 good miles, no hard rides, no wheel stands, normal riding. I tried several times and nothing. The lights are on, horn works, I checked the fuses. Please, does anyone have a clue. When the bike cycles through the strat up routine and then stays with the neutral and oil light on. I hit the start buttton and not a sound is made. Any ideas until Tuesday would be appreciated.

·
Registered
234 Posts
steelerman said:
It is Saturday, things are shut down until Tuesday. I got on my 109, the bike went through the normal start up routine, I held the clutch, pressed the starter and nothing, no thing happened. I checked the kill switch and it is in the correct position. I have had 3,000 good miles, no hard rides, no wheel stands, normal riding. I tried several times and nothing. The lights are on, horn works, I checked the fuses. Please, does anyone have a clue. When the bike cycles through the strat up routine and then stays with the neutral and oil light on. I hit the start buttton and not a sound is made. Any ideas until Tuesday would be appreciated.
Make sure the kick stand is up and the switch isn't stuck.

·
Registered
343 Posts
When you park your bike do you leave it in 1st? The bike won't even turn over if the bike is on it's side stand AND in 1st. Just asking. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
686 Posts
Have to agree here....sounds like a side-stand kill switch problem. Either the side-stand is still down or the switch is stuck. Of course I have tried to start more than once while the kill switch by the throttle was still shut off, and took me far too long to recognize that.

·
Seasoned Member
7,635 Posts
So what happened? Did you figure out what was wrong? Don't leave us hanging man!

And what do you mean, "things are shut down until Tuesday"?

·
Registered
317 Posts
seapup said:
So what happened? Did you figure out what was wrong? Don't leave us hanging man!

And what do you mean, "things are shut down until Tuesday"?
most bike shops are closed from saturday around lunch until tuesday

·
Seasoned Member
7,635 Posts
Oh! thanks! Glad they're only closed on Sunday's around here.

I thought maybe Monday was a newfangled, politically-correct holiday that I haven't heard of.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have tried all that was mentioned. It does act as though it is swith problem. I hear all the right sounds when it goes through the pre start up cycle. The spedo goes all the way right and back and all. This is just about to making me angry! Thanks for your input!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Fixed. Thanks to those inputs. The clutch safety switch connector came apart. Clipped it back toegether and works great! Thanks again.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts