M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a guy at my place of work who has a blue over silver H-D Road King, this bike is a beautiful thing, I know its not fast, but it sure looks and sounds good.

My next bike will definitely be a Road King or a Street Glide.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
I do have to say I like the StreetGlide myself :redfaced: :duck:

·
Registered
185 Posts
. . . and you know your buddy with the Road King is secretly lusting over your 109 ! ! ! ;)

G

·
raw_taz said:
If I hit the lotto, or can sneak the money away from wife.

Screaming Eagle, Ultra Classic, Electirc Glide, while I still have some hooligan left. And then a Beamer or Gold Wing.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/wcm/...6JpmxBSj1hCsty1p1c4nJm!1018057931!-1798843941
Go for for the Wing! I had a 2000 and I loved that bike, but divorce forced me to sell it. It was like a Cadillac, great for running to the store or just killing a day. I do have to admit - I like the 109 better, but there is no comparing these 2 bikes. They each have a different purpose.

Rob

·
Registered
665 Posts
Like Rob,said! The New Wings,have changed alot! They handle more like a sport bike,than the older one's. They will really carve up the corners,and blast down the straights. One of the best handling bikes I've ever rode. They aren't your daddy's Gold Wing anymore!

·
Registered
99 Posts
NO MATTER HOW MUCH THEY :a18: :a18: :#1: DO TO A WING,IT'S STILL A VERY BIG MACHINE.NOT THE "HOTROD"MY PURPLE BEAST IS.I TRADED AN"05"FOR MY 109.I'LL NEVER LOOK BACK.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
A screamin eagle Road king would be great if it had 125 HP at thew wheel and cost less than 17K.....

Wake up, Sled (slap slap) you're dreamin...

Sledzep

·
Registered
195 Posts
Man, I have the same problem. My buddy at work bought the blue over silver HD Roadking two weeks ago. It has a cruise control and plenty of storage. We road three hundred miles last Sunday and he's ten years older than me. We get home and I'm sore as he$$ and he is as good as when we started. The M109 is just not made for long trips. It's a great around town bike. The constant slight lean forward getting very tiring after 100 miles. The RoadKing will definitely be my next and final bike. They are making excellent deals on the 06's because of the increased engine size starting on 07. They are now 88 and in 2007 all will be 95 cubic inch. My buddy picked his up fully loaded, I mean fully loaded (windshield, cruise control, bags and more) for $18K out the door. Say what you want about HD being overpriced but I dare you to find one piece of Chrome Plastic on it. There is none. I'm only 35 yrs old and this is my first really cruiser style bike. I always had crotch rockets. I see myself in the transition stage for the next few years. When I hit 40 I certainly see myself on something much more enjoyable to ride further than 100 miles. And before you write me, I have already raised my handlebars and bought the gel seat. I'm 6'3" and have decided this is as good as the M109 is going to get.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Bonehead said:
I do have to say I like the StreetGlide myself :redfaced: :duck:
+1. My buddy has one too. They are good looking.

G

·
The street glide and the road king are great toring bikes... I love them myself... but after seeing the custom vehicle operations I really want that screaming eagle road king... :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
26 Posts
i sold my 109 for not being able to ride enough, then i went and bought a deuce that sits in the garage also. i have to say i loved the 109 and still check this forum daily for new info and accessories. for me the deuce is more comfortable and more of a cruiser, not saying the 109 is not great , its just a personal thing that the 109 is kind of a mix cruiser/sport bike. just not what i was wanting. got to say though there is something about that hd sound thats addicting to hear. anyway, i've somehow managed 1500 miles on the hd in only 1 1/2 months, while the 109 only had 1200 in 3 1/2.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
BigBoreBiker,

I agree with Sled, you must be dreaming! If you swap for a week end, you may miss that beautiful & powerful 109. Call it temporary insanity and leave it at that! :p :doorag:

1 - 20 of 46 Posts