Absolutely scratching my head!
So I am trying to install a remote start alarm on my 06 1800,
The ignition has 5 wires,
1-12v constant
2-bike on?
3-bike on?
4-unknown
5-lights

I am having trouble figuring what line to run the alarm ignition power to!
I have run the 12v to all lines separately,
And all in every combination you can think of,
Yet no matter what I do it will not prime the engine, it will only turn power on to the bike then bring up an F1 light.

Yet if i do the exact same thing by turning the key, it will power up and prime the engine.
What am I missing? And what wire needs to get 12v to make it prime?

·
Registered
228 Posts
When I get a chance I'll look over the wiring schematic in the manual. It may be a ground that's needed in which case you can just use a relay that switches to ground. I'm sure someone here has one installed. Hopefully they'll chime in b4 I get a chance to pull out the 2million page manual

Reactions: DirtySouthBully

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When I get a chance I'll look over the wiring schematic in the manual. It may be a ground that's needed in which case you can just use a relay that switches to ground. I'm sure someone here has one installed. Hopefully they'll chime in b4 I get a chance to pull out the 2million page manual
Cheers mate, its weird, there do not seem to be any ground wires amongst the ignition.

·
Registered
228 Posts
So no grounds, but the 5 wires:
Red: 12vdc fuel 10 amp fuse
Orange: ignition 15 amp fuse
Orange/yellow trace: ECM power
Grey: tach and speedometer
Brown: Turn signals/Marker lights

As you can see from the pic, Red, Orange and Orange/Yellow (Trace) are all connected when if ignition is on. As well as Grey and Brown are connected for lighting.

You will not have to worry about Grey and Brown. but the other 3 have to have constant 12vdc. This may be easiest with a relay.
Before trying any new wiring and frustrating yourself, check and make sure you didn't blow any fuses! THAT'S IMPORTANT.
Hope this helps.
Font Material property Pattern Parallel Number

·
Registered
228 Posts
When using the relay use the constant 12vdc power from the ignition as your power source and the power supply from the remote start module as (+)12vdc switching power. So basically,
pin 87=from ignition constant 12vdc
Pin 30=supply to the other two wires
Pin 85=ground to chassis or battery
Pin 86=ignition power from start module

If you run a separate power supply to PIN 87 you may run into Inductive Discharge issues when switching the ignition switch to on. This can DESTROY your ECM, TACH and SPEEDO∆

1 - 5 of 5 Posts