M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got the bike and I love it.... Really runs great. But, I am an ahole!!!! I was backing up and my father's trailer scratched my left side. Where the shaft and the rear wheel connect. I have the silver one! And that part is silver and it is a nice scratch.. What can I do...?? To explain further it is where the shaft meets the back wheel. I need to fix it.. Help I am almost going to hit my helmet with a hammer!!!

·
Registered
254 Posts
You can be pissed but be easy on yourself. Ask any Insurance agent about the frequency of issues/claims immediately leaving the dealer. Put some silver touch up on it til you get someone to match it and paint it right. Getting the right paint codes from Suzuki might be challenging. Now start riding your ass off and have fun. I've been riding with an apple size dent in my gas tank for 2 weeks. I still gets tons of compliments every time I ride. It won't be the last time something happens. Do yourself a favor. When everyone is checking it out, don't be the one to point out the scratch. You'll be surprised how few will notice and you'll enjoy the bike more. Congrats on your good choice of color. Just be careful.... the silver ones are so really fast.
-D

G

·
Sorry to hear of the problem. Could you post a picture of the damage. Depending on how long and how deep the scratch is would depend on the suggestions I think you will receive. That is a shame to happen on a brand new bike. I am sure there is a remedy. Hoepfully this will be the only issue with the new ride.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Check forum of posting pix

·
Registered
721 Posts
Stipetich said:
I just got the bike and I love it.... Really runs great. But, I am an ahole!!!! I was backing up and my father's trailer scratched my left side. Where the shaft and the rear wheel connect. I have the silver one! And that part is silver and it is a nice scratch.. What can I do...?? To explain further it is where the shaft meets the back wheel. I need to fix it.. Help I am almost going to hit my helmet with a hammer!!!
Will this help ???

[url]http://www.suzukicycles.com/Accessories/detail.aspx?modelId=e13a33cc-22f4-4246-b237-ebc9ed43753f&accessoryCategoryId=c247b227-33ba-47f4-bd71-c34e7ce5c947&accessoryId=de88c29c-2602-49eb-9c8d-62654086558c [/url]

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That is a cool option but the part after the shaft that connects the wheel is what got scraped... I wish I could read something that would idiot explain how to post the pic I have.. Please help.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I just learned this yesterday. Post yopu pictutre on the web. Frappr for instance. After its posted get the URL by RIGHT CLICKING ON THE PICTURE and hit properties. In the reply box hit the second icon in the second row, (underneath the italisize icon) When the 2 bracketed segments appearright click between them and paste the URL

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
I am confused is it the body that got scratched or the hub? Let me know, if it is the body I just might be able to swap with you but I need to see it.

·
Registered
254 Posts
That's wy my wife has one earlobe

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Is it the brushed aluminum hub that got scratched?

You can use some paint thinner and remove the clear coat on it...take some nice paper and elbow grease and sand the scratch out/down, then polish that puppy up so it looks like chrome. :bigthumbsup:

G

·
I feel your pain. Let me tell you what happened to me. I put on a homemade license plate bracket that mounts to the hub that you are speaking about. The stock plug is too short to run a washer on but I put on the bracket anyway. Well, the plug loosened and the plate hold dropped down. The distance is perfect for the frame and backing plate to sit on the dish and edge of the rim and go around and around. After several miles I noticed that the plate had fallen. I readjusted it and rode home. I then noticed while washing my bike that the frame and backing plate gouged and scratched and removed paint from that beautiful rear rim. I too was upset. Then I realized that it is the perfect excuse I needed to polish my rim. VOILA! Problem solved. NO Worries. Good Luck.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Sorry to hear! Hope it's an easy fix, but don't worry too much, it's an awesome riding bike, and that's what matters!! :doorag:

·
Registered
237 Posts
Parked mine on a downhill slope and the kickstand folded...landed into the right rear 1/4 of a Toyota pickup and ONLY damaged the digital tack cover...$189.00 and I'm back in business with a flawless bike!! Phew!! :D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah, it is the brushed aluminum hub. I got the silver (fastest color).. You guys are awesome I have so many options. I am sure one of these will work. Got 300 miles on it so far and hoping to get past this break in period cause it is fast. I have been gingerly on it. Haven't taken it over 3500 rpm yet. And rides like a dream.. I am happy I made the switch. Again thanks to all of you that posted giving me help.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts