M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys love the board, I got my 109 about 10 days ago and this board has been a major godsend, I really appreciate all the tips and how-tos and such.

I have a question though, what kind of alarm do most of you guys use (assuming you do use one) and where did you get it and how much. I am looking for the best one for the money. Thanks!!

Be safe out there!!

Cheers!! :D

Brian

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I 'spose that would do the trick! :eek:

I am just finding it really hard to make a decision on one, seeing as how I have never had an alarm on any of the cycles I have owned. I just happen to think this one REALLY merits having one.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was also thinking of needing one to help warn me if someone takes it upon themselves to start messing with it (or warn me that someone it getting a little too close). I am sure you know how some ppl just take the liberty of sitting down on someone else's bike. All it takes is one idiot to sit down and lean a little too far over and not be prepared for the weight of this thing and over she goes. I would hate to file on my insurance for something like that and have my premiums hiked up, but I would also hate having to fork out cash to fix whatever might get damaged in the process.

Cheers!

G

·
Where I live, they take 4 guys with two long pipes and run them through the wheels. They then pick the bike up and lift it into a van and drive away. I don't know how they do it but they do. I couldn't lift 200 lbs. but then again I am not a bike thief.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Don't disclose your alarm info (make, model etc). There's a site off google that shows the first entry into an alarm's hacking process starts with finding out the Make & Model of an alarm.. After that, they can get all the required multi-hops to go off... Attacking the alarm from more than one source at the same time. After that the hacking language becomes gibberish to me... But the very first thing was trying to figure our the Alarms Make/Model. That's why you see some cars for sale on ebay that don't disclose the exact alarm due to these reasons. It's just like writing your name, address and social security # on a piece of paper and leaving it for someone to use if they wanted to.

Just get a silent pager... Never leave your bike more than 50yrds out of reach... And make sure you have hollow points in the mag.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey major :bigthumbsup: for that piece of info Wiz. I had no idea about people doing, but I suppose I should have thought of it. You just never can be too careful in today's society.

THANX!! :p

·
Registered
1,637 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
I have been thinking about a Scorpio alarm.... scorpioalarms.com   I am a  :cop:, so I have plenty of little goodies for when the alarm would go off....Most noteably my 2 vicious Min-Pins( :D)....

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
mrfart said:
...Most noteably my 2 vicious Min-Pins( :D)....
That an understatment the Min-Pin can have a real 'tude :eek: :doorag: ......had the pee bite out me more than once by them dogs LOL :p

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Thank you sir :bigthumbsup:........its a nice firebreather with some HOT 10mm loads in it :evil:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Gorilla makes a good cheapo alarm. Problem with any alarm is a gang of 4 can lift and carry it away with a PU truck. Chaining it to a lightpost works until you forget about it and...... :redfaced: BTDT

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Went to bike week in Daytona last year. There was 2 guys running around pushing bike over on to a tarp and then dragging them up into an enclosed trailer. They did this to the guys who thought they were good to go with those disc locks. Bikes with alarms just got loaded into trailer and then they rode away. Was told that approximately 1000 bikes get stolen over the week there. Bottom line if they want it their going to get it no matter what you put in or on the bike...FYI the bikes are taken for parts so damage is not a factor for these guys..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts