M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi All,

I haven't been here for a long while and I've long since sold my very cool 2007 SE (Blue and White!). I've had a Vulcan 1700, then a Raider and currently a 2013 Vaquero (lowered, 21" front wheel, mini apes with internal wiring, Vance and Hines 2 into 1, PC 5, Big Air) and like you guys and gals, I can't leave anything alone. Air ride / Compressor coming!

ANYWAY, my brother in law is currently on a road trip and having problems with his M109 . . yup a 2007 SE in blue and white (not my old one). He is enroute from British Columbia to Redding California and has been complaining about his FI light coming on, then a total bog and loss of power / stall. He has to turn his bike ignition off while riding, then turn it on, let it sweep, then restart the bike. This happens every 5 miles, every 50 miles, every 100 miles. It's totally intermittent. It started doing it last year apparently, took it into the dealership and spent $1000 on it (reflash the ecu I believe among other things, exhaust flapper I think he mentioned). He rode it 100 miles before heading out and it seemed fine, but it turns out its still doing it and worse.

If anyone knows what this might be, PLEASE RESPOND . . I'd like to find some answers for him!

Thanks All,

KARATEMOTO

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey M109 Dreamer,

I just saw this post tonight while searching and e-mailed it to him. Thanks very much! One thing I miss about this forum is the sheer number of people who have done so much to their bikes, lived through many, many issues,and mods, and their willingess to share. if anyone's lived through this, I'd sure appreciate a shout out.

Peace!

He need to pull the code, and then go from there.

Here is the link to get the code.

http://www.m109riders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82533

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts