M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, riding time is here and I need help finding a "BIG" fabric style biker jacket. I have ordered a couple of 5XL from leatherup.com and the jackets look real nice but they are just a bit too small. I am 5' 11" and weigh a petit 280 and I normally wear a 3XL to 4XL jacket but the biker jackets seem to run small. Anyone out there run across a true size jacket and can steer me in that direction I would appreciate it very much. Thanks, be safe!

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Hey everyone, riding time is here and I need help finding a "BIG" fabric style biker jacket. I have ordered a couple of 5XL from leatherup.com and the jackets look real nice but they are just a bit too small. I am 5' 11" and weigh a petit 280 and I normally wear a 3XL to 4XL jacket but the biker jackets seem to run small. Anyone out there run across a true size jacket and can steer me in that direction I would appreciate it very much. Thanks, be safe!
Try a 3xl joerocket alter ego 2.0. I have a 2xl long and I am 6'2'' 250, and it fits great. It has zip off outer covers on the sleeves and the torso to reveal the mesh that stays cool while you are moving. And I only paid about $150 after shipping (ebay).

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/1/1/39/1794/ITEM/Joe-Rocket-Alter-Ego-2.0-Jacket.aspx

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Powr Trip runs big! I wear a 4XL from them, and it's really big! They are reasonable price wise too. I cannot fit the M109 5xl coat... That should put into perspective how big the coat is.

Here is the exact coat I have. Water pfoorf, removable liner, and a crap load of vents. Great for wearing even when hot out... and I'm always hot.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380145786221&viewitem=

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
I was your size and a little bit more. I have the Teknic Sprint Jacket in black. I believe that I purchased the 4X.

http://www.webbikeworld.com/r3/teknic/sprint/

I love the jacket because it's a three in one. I've lost a bit of weight over the last year and I need to get a smaller jacket. I'd be willing to part with the one that I have if your interested. Let me know. It's in very good shape, like new.

·
Registered
445 Posts

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
the joe rocket phoenix 5.0 is a great and goes up to a size 5XL. it runs true to size, possibly a bit bigger. i have a friend who is 5'10" and weighs 330# and he wears a 4XL and is a little big. he could probably get away with a 3XL but he likes it a little less snug.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Same promblem

I just ordered a vest from Leatherup supposely a 5xl ( 58-60).... I think not my Joe rocket is a 56(3xl) and fit me good.Im 6.5 280. I am pretty wide in the chest and sholders but I dont think they are true to fit, Any one know were i can get a true to fit vest at. I took a measure of chest and i was only 52-56. So whast is the promblem is this crap commingout of china? also I look at hillside leathers pretty high for a non name brand but they did have big sizes, has any one orderd from them?
:dontknow:

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
I just ordered a vest from Leatherup supposely a 5xl ( 58-60).... I think not my Joe rocket is a 56(3xl) and fit me good.Im 6.5 280. I am pretty wide in the chest and sholders but I dont think they are true to fit, Any one know were i can get a true to fit vest at. I took a measure of chest and i was only 52-56. So whast is the promblem is this crap commingout of china? also I look at hillside leathers pretty high for a non name brand but they did have big sizes, has any one orderd from them?
:dontknow:
different manufacturers will vary in size. some will only be a slight difference and others will be more noticeable. that is what makes ordering clothes online so difficult at times. i agree the joe rocket sizes are more accurate and generous in their cuts.
sorry i couldn't help you with your questions.

there is a place in nw indiana called Hunch Furs you might want to check out. the same friend i described in my earlier post also bought a leather vest from them and they go up to some big boy sizes. :bigthumbsup:

www.hunchfurs.net

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Big Guy needs jacket

Thanks everyone, I have one coming from Joe Rocket, I will let you know how it goes. Thanks again!

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
I just got a Coretech (Silver w/Black) from New Enough for $59. Looks good and comes in my size.....................fat!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
Yep Newenough good place to go..bought two of my jackets there and they don't break the bank
:agree: :bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup: for new enough. great selection, great prices, great reviews and great customer service. :bigthumbsup:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts