M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took the bike into the motorcycle shop today so they could change the wheel from 200 to 240 but they could not get the bushing out of the 200, I knew I should not have taken my bike there now they are tell me that I need to purchase some bushing, so what do you guys think I should do just take it to another shop are purchases new wheel bushing. Here are a few pictures

Attachments

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
Well, it's in pieces, how would you take it to another shop? Why not just let them finish the job? Am I missing something?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am riding with the 200

they put the 200 wheel back on until I get the bushing but I need to know can these bushing come out of the 200 wheel are do I need to order new ones.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Sounds to me like they don't know what they are doing! They do come out, Lamonster did a great video to show the easy way to get them out, take some soap and water, spray on them, then a phillips screwdriver inserted in the middle and work it around and they pop out. (use the search feature and find the video, works great). You might have to show the dealer how to do their JOB! :confused:

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I feel You...

on that because I felt they didn't know what they were doing but I felt how can a motorcycle shop not know what to do, So is this video on this site are on youtube? Thanks for the help

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
they put the 200 wheel back on until I get the bushing but I need to know can these bushing come out of the 200 wheel are do I need to order new ones.
on that because I felt they didn't know what they were doing but I felt how can a motorcycle shop not know what to do, So is this video on this site are on youtube? Thanks for the help
there's the parts I was missing. Yeah, i think I would be a little leery about their work. G/l though, I hope ya get it worked out.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Right Big-B

Leery is not the word but I am going to let them finished if I have to help myself but when they are finished with this I will never go back, but how could a motorcycle shop mess up a tire change?:dontknow:

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
I took the bike into the motorcycle shop today so they could change the wheel from 200 to 240 but they could not get the bushing out of the 200, I knew I should not have taken my bike there now they are tell me that I need to purchase some bushing, so what do you guys think I should do just take it to another shop are purchases new wheel bushing. Here are a few pictures

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
Awesome post and info. I'm sure at some point that will come in handy. It's those little tricks in life that will save you from headache in the end.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
These Guys On Here Are...

Awsome, They don't mind giving you good advise, so now I will have to go to the motorcycle shop tomorrow and show them the how to video and I hope I don't have to do it myself...hahaha:pray:

·
Registered
743 Posts
where did you get your wheel from most have all the parts with the wheel
is this the same bike shop that told you the 240 wont fit

·
Registered
149 Posts
Ya and you do need a new spacer believe it's been posted in every 240 thread that you need the spacer from the 109 not the 90 for the install to be done correctly.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
M109 Wheel Had...

The M109 wheel had everything in it but the rubber bushing, and I replaced the bearing and spacer with new ones, I never been to this motorcycle shop and it will be my last time after they finish, I did purchase the wheel from a guy on this site.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Please take it somewhere else :pray:

My father has had stuff like this happen at shops and he kept letting them
finish the job. It never turned out well.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Definitely don't go and buy new ones...for all eight it'll cost you like $70!!! If the mechanic is so inept he cannot remove the bushings, take it someplace else where they actually know what they're doing.

Granted, I watched Lamonster's how-to video and it looked really difficult so I can understand why your mechanic had problems :eek: ~sarcasm off~

·
Registered
608 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
240 on with my HELP...

First I want to thank AlienBuster for tell me about Lamonster bushing video and also thank Lamonster for his quick reply when I needed help because Lamonster sent me the video within 5 min. I showed these stupid people at the shop the video and the guy told me he was a fake and that it could not be that easy to do, so I told them to at least try and after they sprayed them with soap (Dawn with water) they could not get them to pop out so I went in and did just what Lamonster did on his video and they pop right out, and all they could say is so it can be done. And after they put the wheel on they said that it look really nice but that will be the last time that they will see my bike. Thanks to all those on the forum.

Here are some pictures not the best but I am tired for working all day at a motorcycle shop but it was my first and last day,

I should be a consultant for them...lol

Attachments

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
First I want to thank AlienBuster for tell me about Lamonster bushing video and also thank Lamonster for his quick reply when I needed help because Lamonster sent me the video within 5 min. I showed these stupid people at the shop the video and the guy told me he was a fake and that it could not be that easy to do, so I told them to at least try and after they sprayed them with soap (Dawn with water) they could not get them to pop out so I went in and did just what Lamonster did on his video and they pop right out, and all they could say is so it can be done. And after they put the wheel on they said that it look really nice but that will be the last time that they will see my bike. Thanks to all those on the forum.

Here are some pictures not the best but I am tired for working all day at a motorcycle shop but it was my first and last day,

I should be a consultant for them...lol
That's awesome you busted their ass right to their faces. What did they have to say for themselves. Sounds like a sorry group of wanna be mechanics!!! Pretty fuggin bad when a customer has to show a shop how to do something!!

Glad you got it done though. that's why I try to do everything I can myself. just no faith.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Right Big-B

You should have seen their faces when I pop one of them out and I had all 8 out within 5 min and then they started to call others over just to tell them they do come out. I will be doing most of my work myself if this is the type of service that is out there. This forum is the best.

:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
207 Posts
First of all, for everything you went through, your bike looks sweet!!!! Good job to you. Its sad that these people would rather take your money though they apparently have no knowledge of the process. That's just greed and stupidity. Definitely don't go back.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts