M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've always rode sportbike and wore a full face helmet. I tried a half helmet and didn't care for the wind noise. (I couldn't hear Linkin Park (ipod)). Just curious on how many of us wear a half helmet or full face. What do ya'll think of the ICON DOMAIN helmet.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
289 Posts
I perfer a flip face... Allows me to block the wind on the Interstates and open up on the slow roads... Some are noisier than others, just depends on the brand....

It's hard for me to keep it at 70+ with my helmet up. The wind kills my eyes; even with sunglasses that wrap around.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,103 Posts
I'll wear a full (Arai) in the cooler months no matter what bike I am on but in the warmer months on a cruiser I wear the half helmet. I wear the full on my ZRX even this time of year, don't think it would look good with a half on the ZRX.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
287 Posts
I'd estimate 90% of the time i use my full face. The other 10% I'll ride w/a half. :super:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
76 Posts
I wear a black KBC VR2 with a chrome face shield looks kickass with the black bike. I tried to ride with a half and 3/4 helmet but my face took too much of a beating as I refuse to put a windshield on this bike. It is a bitch when you have to stop at a light and it is hot out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
411 Posts
Nolan N-2 com that way I can talk to the wife when we are cruising (lower speeds) by high speeds forget it to much wind noise.
 

·
M109Riders Founder
Joined
·
8,014 Posts
ConnRadd said:
I perfer a flip face... Allows me to block the wind on the Interstates and open up on the slow roads... Some are noisier than others, just depends on the brand....

It's hard for me to keep it at 70+ with my helmet up. The wind kills my eyes; even with sunglasses that wrap around.
Yep, that works great for me too. :bigthumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
176 Posts
Full face all the time. Simpson RX-6. :super:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
152 Posts
Full face for now. Been considering other options.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
119 Posts
Full face Shoei. I have a Nolan half helmet, but I think I've used it once. I prefer a face shield over glasses or goggles. :doorag:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
205 Posts
Commuting I wear a full face helmet...KBC VR2 or KBC Force RR (1st time I've bought something besides Shoei or Arai). Just cruising around the neighborhood or running to the store I just wear goggles.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
355 Posts
Full face Shoei....with earplugs when going on long rides. Have shooter windshield now which increased wind noise and drove me back to the ear protection.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
214 Posts
full-face scorpion exo, flat black, flip shield, chrome. i have a Voss, flat black, jockey for around town. the bugs are hell down here in the south, full-face is the only way on the highway... :bigthumbsup: :doorag:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
302 Posts
Full face for long, interstate rides, but really like my 1/2 Voss brain-bucket (not DOT rated) chrome helmet with carbon fiber flames. The chrome and carbon fiber looks kick butt on my black beauty.
 
G

·
Full face Shoei. Sometimes it get's warm (sitting in traffic). After driving an ambulance for over 12 years - I've seen the aftermath of open face and skull caps. Not pretty.

Hope you never have to test your helmet!

Ride Safe, Rob
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
35 Posts
I wear a full face 100% of the time. I own a half helmet and just don't like it. I have 9 full face helmets that I wear. The Icon helmets are good helmets. I wear my Icon mainframe mostly.
 
1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Top