M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reading some of the posts I came across the subject of wearing a helmet or not wearing one.First let me say I think its like seat belts you should have the right to chose to wear one or not.In 1991 some guy crossed the line and hit my car head on doing about 45 I was not wearing a seat belt and I sustained a knee injury.Then back in !978 I was riding home on my 550 four honda when it started to rain I was almost home when I shifted into third gear and gave it a little too much throttle and then down I went I hit the left side of my bell helmet on the asphalt and it split the shield in half and caved the snaps in, needless to say if I was not wearing the helmet I would have never gotten a chance to have my family. Looking back I thank god I was wearing a helmet that day.Here in Pa we don't have a helmet law, but I wear one most of the time.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DaltonH said:
OH NO, Not this one again.. please delete the thread! Lets not ignite this wildfire yet again
Sorry I was just stating my opinion on it. I didn't realize the touchiness of ones feelings.And certainly not looking too cause a wildfire

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
no reason to be sorry, they were just saying that if you had a comment to make on the subject you could've just added to one of the existing posts on the subject

·
Registered
224 Posts
It,s the :cop: in Oz so it,s the :cop:.
Whats the Go in the States.
Can you guys just cruise with Bandanas :doorag: on or what ?. :dontknow:
Not that I would want to ride without my Skid Lid.
:cop: :cop: :cop: :cop: :cop: would be chasing us everywhere in Oz.

:beer3:
Fatcat downunder in Oz

·
Registered
158 Posts
I'd go without if I thought I was that good of a rider :D however, I'm not so I think I'll ware my helmet :D also if I get in an acedent I need something close at hand to beat the cager with, and a helmet would work wonders for a quick access tool :joke: :joke:

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
J R said:
In some states you can ride without a helmet its your choice.There are other states here you HAVE to wear a helmet :bigthumbsup:
Illionis is a state where no helmet is required. Right next to MO which requires one!

·
Registered
665 Posts
I'm a good rider too! It's the IDIOT'S in the CAGES,that worry me! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Binary-speed said:
I'd go without if I thought I was that good of a rider
Doesn't matter how good a rider you are when a cager pulls directly in your path. Heck, Larry Grodsky, who wrote Stayin' Safe in Rider magazine every month since 1988 died this summer when a deer ran out in front of him. He was always geared up to the fullest, and tought thousands of students the MSF course. I think it's safe to say he was a good rider. ONe that knew the importance of good gear. Just think about that when you feel you are 'good enough' to go helmetless.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Hey,

How do you hear with that MP3 blaring while riding.
Is it set up so you can communicate with pillion. :dontknow:

Fatcat downunder in Oz

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
fatcat said:
Hey,

How do you hear with that MP3 blaring while riding.
Is it set up so you can communicate with pillion. :dontknow:

Fatcat downunder in Oz
If I turn down the volume, the MP3 does not blare, (but I do like it loud).
I don't even have a pillion seat on my bike !!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts