M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a helmet that doesn't limit my peripheral vision. Preferably a full-face or flip-face. Anyone know of or own any that they would recommend??

-Josh

·
Registered
66 Posts
Personally , I like the RF 1000 by Shoei . It gives you good vision , comfort , removable pads for cleaning , and venting . I'd reccommend it .:bigthumbsup: Good luck in your search .

·
Registered
189 Posts
Scorpion EXO 1000. Has an internal shaded visor for sunny days removable interior and air adjustable cheeks. the no fog system is dam good and the venting system is awsome. 1/2 the cost of a shoei.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I love my icon domain it has good venting removable liner and pads, good field of vision, and it's DOT and SNELL aproved

·
Radio Active Member
27,668 Posts
I would go to a couple big dealers that carry a selection of helmets and try them on. Trust me they do not all fit the same. That way you can check out how your peripheral vision is aswell as the comfort. Good luck shopping.

Shoei makes a great helmet but I love my Scorpion.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I agree check the dealers. Even the same 2 helmets will fit different.
I have the Shoei RF1100 excellent in the comfort and vision for me.

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
I would go to a couple big dealers that carry a selection of helmets and try them on. Trust me they do not all fit the same. That way you can check out how your peripheral vision is aswell as the comfort. Good luck shopping.

Shoei makes a great helmet but I love my Scorpion.
:agree: going to a large dealer with a huge selction is a great way to test out the feel of various helmet manufacturers, but keep in mind that ANY helmet that is a flip-face or full-face is going to limit your peripheral vision somewhat.....just no way around it. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
This is what you need.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I LIKE THE SHEOI RF1000 ANDNOW IM LOOKING AT THE RF 1100 WARLORD BUT CHECK THE DEALERS AND TRY MANY LIDS.... GOOD LUCK AND RIDE SAFE:doorag:

·
Registered
838 Posts
I've got an Icon Domain as well. Usually wear a half helmet. Went on a 500 mi road trip this weekend. Head did not sweat like it does when wearing half. Vision was really good. Had to turn head just a little more than usual when changing lanes. Did not bob around in the wind, even at speeds up to 105. (so far)

·
Registered
35 Posts
I just got a Shoei X11 and its really nice plus good vision!!! LOOKS KILLER too!!! Oh and they are on sale because of the X12 came out.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Scorpion 1000 apollo is my new helmet . Great quality helmet , good venting doesnt fog at all and has some flip down glasses for the sun.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
I have the ICON Alliance SSR and it is very comfortable and vision is good.
same here,and it is the same color as my 9. Icon borrowed zuki silver I think. Cool and snug but make sure that you try em on like what windcityrider said that way you know exactly what size and style fit YOU!

·
Administrator
2008 M109R, 2016 FJR1300, 1999 VMax
5,767 Posts
Let me know if you find one. I stopped wearing full-face after my wreck last June because of this very issue.

There is a new helmet with an integrated rearview mirror that is available, but it will not have DOT approval until late summer. I am considering this, but there is insufficient information about the new product at this time

http://rearview-helmets.com/

P
romo video at

·
Registered
248 Posts
I have a Shoei RF1000 that i have owned for about 4 years and i love it. This Winter i wanted a flip helmet so i bought the Scorpion EXO 900 and so far it has been a great helmet. The nice thing about the EXO900 is that it has an internal sun shade and you can take off the chin bar and shield so it turns into a 3/4 helmet with internal sun shade!!

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Check out the Shark Evoline, you get both full face or 3/4 options...
I have tried this on and was debating buying it. My biggest issue is how BIG the helmet is and I don't want to get my hand blown around with a bigger helmet. Having the chin bar rotate all the way around to the back is very nice, but it was just too bulky. It made me feel like Dark Helmet!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts