M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The stock helmet lock above the rear wheel broke and fell off last fall right before I put the bike into storage.

Not sure if it would be practical to replace this. If not, what alternative ways do you guys have to lock your helmet to the bike when you stop somewhere??

I know there are some handlebar ends out there with locks on them but I would prefer to store my helmet down on the bike itself where it's less likely to get knocked around or fill up with water if it rains.

--Thanks for your suggestions 8)

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
My brother's Ninja has a tab under the seat you can fit a D ring over so you can hang a helmet so that when you click the seat back down, your helmet is locked with the strap running under the seat.

Worked like this:

Since I removed the stock helmet lock because it looked like poo, I just attached a hook under my seat and it works the same way. So, you unlock it with the key, lift the seat and unhook your helmet. Works out well enough for me.

·
Seasoned Member
7,635 Posts
Get these. I have had these for years and love them.

CLICK HERE
He'd do that but he said, "I know there are some handlebar ends out there with locks on them but I would prefer to store my helmet down on the bike itself where it's less likely to get knocked around or fill up with water if it rains."

·
Radio Active Member
27,666 Posts
He'd do that but he said, "I know there are some handlebar ends out there with locks on them but I would prefer to store my helmet down on the bike itself where it's less likely to get knocked around or fill up with water if it rains."
Well if it is raining, I bring the helmet with me. And if you bump the helmet it does not hit the tank or anything.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I use a small pad lock throw the ajustment ring on the helmet an throw a hole that is nere the back footpeg on the same side

·
Registered
72 Posts
so what happens when you take the wife to the shops were do you put the second helmet it sh** me when i got to the shops on a cruiser it had no were to put the helmet. when i take the sports bike it has 2 spots for helmets ?. love the ideas thanks:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
643 Posts
most of the time i wear my half helmet which i pretty much consider disposable and wont sweat if someone steals. If it is cold enough out that I am wearing my KBC VR2 which i dont consider disposable I have a dog collar choker chain and a pad lock to secure it to the bike

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
These are some great ideas guys.....thanks for all the suggestions.
I especially like the idea of putting a hook underneath the seat since it is locked with the key anyway!! :bigthumbsup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts