M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know if ohio or west virginia have helmet laws....i'll be riding through on my way to the mid atlantic meet and I would love to take ride without the helmet....it's been a long time since I've done that......thanks

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Why do you find it necessary to post this question 3 times? :dontknow:

·
Registered
2,364 Posts

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
WV has helmet law. Ohio Doesn't. What's your route through WV? and what day you coming through?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Cause riding without a helmet is double plus smart....

I dont know what is more stupid, asking 3 times while google was 1 click away or the fact that someone seriously in this day and age of retarded back of a cereal box licenced drivers getting around would even consider riding to the end of their driveway without a helmet...

There was a advertisement done here years ago that went something like...

"If you don't need a head, you don't need a helmet."

Im not one of these "All the gear all the time!" preachers.... But some body parts can be ground off into the bitumen and you can adjust your life around it... some parts... well, you just cant grow a new head.

:doorag:

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Good work on adding to this thread in a positive way.

Sure looks like you are judging and preaching to me. Your bitching won't change anyone's behavior.

Here in Michigan you do not get the choice to ride without a helmet even if you wanted to. So, when us Michiganders get out of our state and have the right to choose our level of gear and protection, sometimes it is nice to try to flip side of the coin....

I dont know what is more stupid, asking 3 times while google was 1 click away or the fact that someone seriously in this day and age of retarded back of a cereal box licenced drivers getting around would even consider riding to the end of their driveway without a helmet...

There was a advertisement done here years ago that went something like...

"If you don't need a head, you don't need a helmet."

Im not one of these "All the gear all the time!" preachers.... But some body parts can be ground off into the bitumen and you can adjust your life around it... some parts... well, you just cant grow a new head.

:doorag:

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thought you were trailering....

V10killer is also riding down. You might want to hook up with him.
I am....we are stopping to camp one night along the way and I thought if I could get some wind in my hair I might take the bike off the trailer for a short ride.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Good work on adding to this thread in a positive way.

Sure looks like you are judging and preaching to me. Your bitching won't change anyone's behavior.

Here in Michigan you do not get the choice to ride without a helmet even if you wanted to. So, when us Michiganders get out of our state and have the right to choose our level of gear and protection, sometimes it is nice to try to flip side of the coin....
:agree::agree::agree::agree::agree:

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
some of you guys need to relax a bit and use this site as resource and a place to meet friends instead of trying to pick virtual internet fights

·
Registered
2,313 Posts

I dont know what is more stupid, ... or the fact that someone seriously in this day and age of retarded back of a cereal box licenced drivers getting around would even consider riding to the end of their driveway without a helmet...
Preach on man.:-\

I only recently started to wear a helmet and on really hot days still ride without it from time to time.

I do not see it as stupidity, but rather how much gamble you have in you.

You only need the helmet when you go down.

I have done over 100k without a helmet and was lucky enough to have never needed it.

So, the question is less about stupidity and more of: are you willing to bet your brain that this time will not be the time you go down?

In some states, that is your bet to make.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
WV has helmet law. Ohio Doesn't. What's your route through WV? and what day you coming through?
I'll be arriving in Fayetteville early thursday morning and spending the day exploring the New River Gorge before making my way to Staunton.

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
I'll be arriving in Fayetteville early thursday morning and spending the day exploring the New River Gorge before making my way to Staunton.
Good Call. I will be in that area Wednesday before the meet. But there's a chance I might go to the meet first then to Lewisburg on Thursday.

DO NOT SPEED!!!!!!!! Summersville and Fayetteville are the WORST!!! No joke! They have national recognition.:eek::-[

That ride under the bridge is supposed to be awesome but it takes an hour at least...:bigthumbsup:

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,860 Posts
If you get a chance, swing by Summersville Lake and look at the dam. It's 390 feet tall, 2280 feet long and made of rock and dirt. It's an awesome sight on it's own, and then you can ride across the New River Gorge bridge. It's just a few miles north of the bridge. I grew up in that area and still have family there.

Some info on it. I like the part about naming it after Summersville instead of the traditional way of naming it after the closest town. Seeing as the closest town is named Gad, it would have been called Gad Dam. :D
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Summersville_Lake

1 - 20 of 20 Posts