M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Great video - thanks for posting! I was personally convinced about 30 years ago, but a reminder always puts wearing a helmet back in perspective!

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
WOW, now I need a harley. I did not notice any cruisers in there... I dont really "cruise" on my 109.
I always wear the helmet, but I have recently ridden without my jacket...

Sledzep

PS I did notice the one gut on his back jacket off and his foot elevated onto his helmet... tells me a few things.

1) he was wearing a helmet and jacket
2) he was OK enough for them/himself to remove such items and use elsewhere.
3) shows they work.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I wear a full Kevlar jacket and pants when riding. It really is not uncomfortable until I stop moving and get off the bike. After viewing the pictures I do not think I will wear any less gear.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Wow, this really makes you stop and think about what you are doing and wearing!! Stay Safe!! I too didn't notice any cruisers, but I'm sure they could put a video like this together without any sportbikes and just cruisers!

·
Registered
961 Posts
That was really sobering!!! I saw an accident and the person was not wearing a helmet. His brains were on the ground, that has stayed with me since. I always wear a helmet and now that I have my jacket it's definitely part of my riding attire. Be safe guys and may my God protect you and those around you.

C-One

·
Registered
4,579 Posts

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Dude, I haven't seen anything like that since I got out of the army.. poor bugger... Definetly was a closed casket on that one.. BTW, that is freaking gross and reinforces my desire to wear a full face helmet even in 100+ temps, sweat can be replaced, your face is priceless!!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Agreed with full-face helmets + full gear. After my small accident a month ago, I will never ride without a jacket again, even if it's sweltering hot. I prefer stopping until the temperature goes down, than riding without jacket ever again.

Also, at least ankle-level boots, full face helmet and good gloves (saved me hands and ankles already, will keep preaching their value).

·
Registered
224 Posts
Polishing my Shoei helmet right now, I have only ridden 4 blocks without it, and that's the most I ever plan on.

It's crazy how small of a impact to your skull it takes to kill you. If your head hits the ground in a bike crash your almost guarnteed to have serious brain injuries.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts