M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey all, just picked up a new to me white/black 2020 109R, only had 50 miles on it with the freedom performance exhaust, got a heck of a deal. nice forum ya'll got here, lots of reading to do.

here are a couple pics:
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system

·
Registered
5,927 Posts
Cool man, I live in Moore myself.
We'll have to, maybe meet out on the nice curvy road around Draper Lake. I get out there a lot, hang out at either the Marina or Point 10. Keeps the back tire from getting flat in the center. LOL!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
heck yeah, I just sent my ecu out to get a tune put on it so it'll be a about a week before I get it back. The previous owner did not tune for the exhaust he put on it. no big deal especially for the price I paid for it.

·
Administrator
2008 M109R, 2016 FJR1300, 1999 VMax
5,887 Posts
Congratulations on your new M109, and welcome to the forum!

Reactions: Mr. Anderson

·
Registered
721 Posts
Welcome to the board. How about posting photos of your new bike?
Glad you posted photos. I haven't seen that color scheme on a Nine. Very nice. I am not partial to chromeless bikes, but yours is absolutely beautiful. Enjoy the ride and the forum.

·
Registered
5,927 Posts
Technically, you don't have to tune for just an exhaust. Doesn't hurt to do so either. We've always said here, intake alone, no tune needed. Exhaust alone, no tune needed. Do both, you need to tune it. I have an intake and exhaust on mine and have an under the seat tuning device.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I hear ya, the main reason I had it tuned was for the fueling in the first 3 gears is pure ca-ca from the factory, putting a exhaust on it with no cat conv didn't help the lean conditions in any way. I don't intend to do any other engine performance mods to it, so it'll be good from here on out. I probably could have gotten away with a TRE mod, but I prefer a ECU tune for the added benefits that can be done with a tune.

·
Registered
5,927 Posts
I was out at Pops on Route 66 in Arcadia yesterday. A lot of bikes hang out there Saturday and Sunday. It's a nice ride. I'll be headed out there again next Sunday. I'll send you a pm with my phone number, in case you get that PCM back by then.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
cool man, I actually got it back on Saturday but am currently out of town for work, should be back early October though.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts