M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

My Name is Roland and I am from Germany.

My Bike story is a bit strange:

In 2008 I started with a Yamaha drag star 1100 and must say that it is (was) a great bike. Good bike, easy to tune (had v&h slip on's on it) and simple technique.

By the end of 2008 I thought to fulfill my dreams and bought a new M1800R2 in black. Put Roadhouse Slip On's on it and changed some other things.....great bike with a perfect sound and design :bigthumbsup:

After 1 year riding the beast I had to move to another city and sold the Suzi and to change a little bit I bought a HD Night Rod Special......to make things short.....I sold it in fall of last year and now I am looking again for the M1800R
8)

That is my short story and I hope my English is good enough ;)

Bye guys

·
Registered
411 Posts
:welcome: Roland, I am an American but have lived in Nürnberg since 1981.(non military). I will be moving back to Florida probably between June and August this year. I am not sure if I will send the beast back or sell it here and buy another one when I get back. Both ways have pros and cons if you know what I mean. This is a great board with alot of great people here on it with alot of good information. As you know the M1800 (M109) is alot more expensive here in Germany then it is in the states. I just had a friend this last summer sell his (2008 white and alot of extas done by H&B) for €11500. If I do deceide to sell mine (2006) (not an EU model) I will want €7000 for it.
Good luck in finding the bike of your choice.
Mfg
Mike

·
Registered
772 Posts
:welcome: to the forum...your english is fine.:bigthumbsup:...hope you enjoy the site and good luck with your seach to reclaim a 9.

CP

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:welcome: Roland, I am an American but have lived in Nürnberg since 1981.(non military). I will be moving back to Florida probably between June and August this year. I am not sure if I will send the beast back or sell it here and buy another one when I get back. Both ways have pros and cons if you know what I mean. This is a great board with alot of great people here on it with alot of good information. As you know the M1800 (M109) is alot more expensive here in Germany then it is in the states. I just had a friend this last summer sell his (2008 white and alot of extas done by H&B) for €11500. If I do deceide to sell mine (2006) (not an EU model) I will want €7000 for it.
Good luck in finding the bike of your choice.
Mfg
Mike
Thx!

I think 7000€ is a good price. If it were now we could talk but I will definitely buy in february at latest.....

Cheers

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Welcome from Milwaukee Wi.

:welcome:and enjoy your soon found torque.I have quite a group of family that live in Germany.:bigthumbsup:

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,860 Posts
:welcome: back to the 109 family. Good luck on find a new one, and hope it happens soon! :D

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
:welcome: And your english is fine, as well as your spelling! Which is better than I can say for myself, well at least my spelling that is! Hope you have luck getting you new 109.
Have a question for you though, You had a 109, jumped the fence and went to a V-rod. Now your headed back to 109 why? Whats your reasons for going back to a 109?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
:welcome: And your english is fine, as well as your spelling! Which is better than I can say for myself, well at least my spelling that is! Hope you have luck getting you new 109.
Have a question for you though, You had a 109, jumped the fence and went to a V-rod. Now your headed back to 109 why? Whats your reasons for going back to a 109?
Well I always liked the night rod special. I always said that design wise it could be the only alternative to the 109. I think it still is but the sound is crap (although I had an aftermarket exhaust) and driving is not that comfortable as torque is less and available at higher revolution.

Furthermore, our 109 is much more bike for the money......regards

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
Thanks. And good luck on finding your new 9:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
After 1 year riding the beast I had to move to another city and sold the Suzi and to change a little bit I bought a HD Night Rod Special......to make things short.....I sold it in fall of last year and now I am looking again for the M1800R
8)
That brings a tear to my eye Sir! :welcome: back!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts