M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, just purchased an 06 M109r 3 weeks ago and have been loving the bike. Have ridden vrods mostly and these handle and feel VERY different, but I love it.

I do have a Question, and i apologise in advance if my searching skills are not up to par but I am very fresh to this online forum game. New to the m109r and I am looking to make o2 eliminators.
From what I have read on the forum I have seen that American bikes do not have the o2 sensor, but I'm from nz where we do have them.
I also read that someone had just placed one 100ohm resistor in the circuit and that it worked fine.
My question is, does anyone know what the optimum resistance is for the o2 sensor?
I could easily just put in 100ohm but without anyone actually knowing, that could cause it to read slightly to rich/lean. Looking for optimum resistance.
Any help or even just direction would be greatly appreciated, I've looked all over the internet and all over Facebook forums but only been replied with "places I can buy one". It's as if it's a big secret or something!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Forgot to add, this is my bike, purchased 3 weeks ago first bike was vz400 boulevard, and have only ridden vrods after that. Few niggly problems but loving it so far. As soon as a I got it i removed the headlight (Not my flavour) then made some 10"bars so I could use the factory cables, and made number plate relocator. Then cut the exhaust short similar to a shotgun and made my own baffle and welded it in and wrapped the exhaust. Still plenty to do, just doing it bit by bit.
20210527_163848.jpg

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,875 Posts
Welcome to the forum, and that's a great looking bike you have. 🙋‍♂️ (y) (y)

I couldn't find anything on here about a DIY O2 sensor eliminator to get you a value, but in reading on several other forums for both Suzuki and Honda it seems like the common value is 330 ohm. I found that on both GSXR, SV650 and Honda CBR forums. They all used a 330 ohm 1/4 watt resistor, I just searched for DIY Motorcycle O2 sensor eliminator, then tried narrowing it down by adding Suzuki in there.

Or you can buy them, then you have plugs for the pipes too. :)

·
Registered
2009 / VZR1800
3,524 Posts

I couldn't find anything on here about a DIY O2 sensor eliminator to get you a value, but in reading on several other forums for both Suzuki and Honda it seems like the common value is 330 ohm. I found that on both GSXR, SV650 and Honda CBR forums. They all used a 330 ohm 1/4 watt resistor, I just searched for DIY Motorcycle O2 sensor eliminator, then tried narrowing it down by adding Suzuki in there.

(y)
yup, thats what I had to do on my EU nine, because
I wanted to install Cobra Powr Pro fuel tuner....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Thanks man!!!! Appreciate that big time!
I will do that!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Just ordered 20 x 330ohm 1/4 watt resistors
For $1.68.
Hopefully it will do the trick! Then there's a fix for less then 10cents instead of paying more then $50 over here for the same simple thing!!!
Can't believe this isn't widely known knowledge already.
Thanks again! Hopefully resistance is right!

·
Registered
2009 / VZR1800
3,524 Posts
Just ordered 20 x 330ohm 1/4 watt resistors
For $1.68.
Hopefully it will do the trick! Then there's a fix for less then 10cents instead of paying more then $50 over here for the same simple thing!!!
Can't believe this isn't widely known knowledge already.
Thanks again! Hopefully resistance is right!
It is not commonly known here, because USA
nor Canadian nines do not have O2 sensors.
And 95 % of members here are from there.
I did not make them myself because I was not
willing cut or solder any of the OEM parts. Yes
I coud buy all the parts like Revo did, plastic
connectors, resistors, and 2 exhausts bungs...
For me it was simpler to add the set to my
existing order and was done with it. The size
of the resistors was/is unnknown to me as well.
Cheers mate... 🍻

·
Administrator
2008 M109R, 2016 FJR1300, 1999 VMax
5,770 Posts
Welcome to the forum, and congratulations on your new M109!
I like the headlight setup, it's the first time I have seen someone make a plate for behind the headlight. That really makes it look as if it was made for the bike. The other headlight replacements I've seen just have too much open area behind the light, in my opinion. Nice work!

Reactions: DirtySouthBully

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Welcome to the forum, and congratulations on your new M109!
I like the headlight setup, it's the first time I have seen someone make a plate for behind the headlight. That really makes it look as if it was made for the bike. The other headlight replacements I've seen just have too much open area behind the light, in my opinion. Nice work!
Cheers mate!
Just got a plate of alluminium and used pipe the same diameter of the forks to get the bends on the edges. Bolts down bottom with spacers and made a bracket that bolted to the original brake t-section bolt hole. Then wrapped it in matte black vinyl. After I re-do my brake lines I may readjust the plate to sit flush and I between the fork clamps. But for now it's good enough. 👍

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It is not commonly known here, because USA
nor Canadian nines do not have O2 sensors.
And 95 % of members here are from there.
I did not make them myself because I was not
willing cut or solder any of the OEM parts. Yes
I coud buy all the parts like Revo did, plastic
connectors, resistors, and 2 exhausts bungs...
For me it was simpler to add the set to my
existing order and was done with it. The size
of the resistors was/is unnknown to me as well.
Cheers mate... 🍻
Yea fully understand. But with so many that do have 02 sensors here and Australia I definitely thought I would have found the answer quite easily, but seems everyone orders them instead!
Well, if all goes well then it will be the next easiest thing to do on the modlist nz/Australia wide!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts