M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well Pete had a problem with his GIPro and Pynikal posted a link to help. So I checked out the sight to be free of boredom. I found that they have produced a FI programmer for Suzuki's only, and our bike is included, That is THE CLOSEST thing to a PC3/V I have seen yet---and cheaper! Looks like it is totally mapable to the same parameters as a PC3/V. Anyone have any experiences with this or know of someone running it? I would be intersted in this alot! Below is the link to their site.

http://www.healtech-electronics.com/

G

·
Well Pete had a problem with his GIPro and Pynikal posted a link to help. So I checked out the sight to be free of boredom. I found that they have produced a FI programmer for Suzuki's only, and our bike is included, That is THE CLOSEST thing to a PC3/V I have seen yet---and cheaper! Looks like it is totally mapable to the same parameters as a PC3/V. Anyone have any experiences with this or know of someone running it? I would be intersted in this alot! Below is the link to their site.

http://www.healtech-electronics.com/
Thanks for the post! Looks like a poor man's Teka.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the post! Looks like a poor man's Teka.
Far from it. It appears to have software like the PC3 that you can map and change fuel settings--including negative fuel adjustments. Tha Teka is a 3 pot design like most others and you can make negative adjustments---way far from anything like a PC3. You can adjust this type in 500rpm increments and 11 different throttle positions (like the PC3) and have way more tuning options than a 3 pot design. So not even in the same category, except it is priced pretty much the same as them---this is why I am interested.

G

·
Far from it. It appears to have software like the PC3 that you can map and change fuel settings--including negative fuel adjustments. Tha Teka is a 3 pot design like most others and you can make negative adjustments---way far from anything like a PC3. You can adjust this type in 500rpm increments and 11 different throttle positions (like the PC3) and have way more tuning options than a 3 pot design. So not even in the same category, except it is priced pretty much the same as them---this is why I am interested.
Wait, I am talking about the $700 factory pro digital Teka flash unit. Are we not on the same page?

Either way, I'm ordering this week.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,956 Posts
That's not much more expensive than the FI2000R, someone should try it. The only part that I was concerned with was that it plugs into an "ECU Expansion Port", do we have one of those? And that it controlled 8 injectors, when we only have two. But that would be taken care of in the ECU.

The TEKA writes directly to the ECU then can be disconnected. This one works like the PCIII or PCV and has to stay connected.

G

·
That's not much more expensive than the FI2000R, someone should try it. The only part that I was concerned with was that it plugs into an "ECU Expansion Port", do we have one of those? And that it controlled 8 injectors, when we only have two. But that would be taken care of in the ECU.

The TEKA writes directly to the ECU then can be disconnected. This one works like the PCIII or PCV and has to stay connected.
Right, like I said, the poor man's Teka...... :beer2:

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
looks like it might have a sort of auto tune as well.

i might look into this. i really like the simplicity of my Fi2000 though....:dontknow:

·
Registered
961 Posts
Here's the info from the web site:

FI Tuner Pro - product overview

True MAP-based Fuel Injection tuning module, designed specifically for SUZUKI motorcycles. Nothing like this on the market - it communicates with the factory ECU/ECM (bike computer) to get the fueling right, no matter what exhaust and air filter you use.
After setup, the module improves throttle response and power at all throttle positions, in the entire RPM range. The engine becomes smooth and precise. Increased torque at low RPMs allows using one gear higher than usual, which also improves fuel economy.
» Quick and simple to install. Connects to the ECM expansion port under the seat. No need to remove the fuel tank or any fairing.
» One module fits most Suzuki EFI motorcycles (from 1997 to 2011). Transferable to a new bike within minutes.
» Can be mapped at 11 throttle positions, in 500 RPM increments across the full RPM range. Controls both fuel injector lines (8 injectors). Supports fuel addition as well as subtraction.
» Quick and Easy setup: Auto cell select, immediate AFR response to cell change. Simple interface, no confusing options to select.
» 3 independent, user-selectable maps (MAP1, MAP2, Zero MAP).
» Native USB support. No need to install drivers and no need to use a UART bridge. The software runs on any version of Windows.
» It is the smallest, most compact FI tuning module on the market, fits under the rider's seat.
» Automatic software and fail-safe firmware update.
» 30-day money back guarantee and 5-YEAR WARRANTY.
» Best value (price/performance) for the money among the FI modules. Fully compatible with all HealTech and other aftermarket products.
Suggested retail price:
US $229.99 / 199 EUR​
(incl. VAT)

http://www.fi-tuner.com http://www.healtech-electronics.com

·
Registered
415 Posts
The negative side of the PC3 and this design(as it appears to me) is the overriding of the 'Load Based' system as our bikes are designed from the factory and changing them to throttle position vs rpm based system. The load based is better for cruisers as it simply uses the fuel that's needed at any given time based on load(forces) against the bike and not what is preprogrammed based on where your throttle is positioned at any predetermined rpm.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The negative side of the PC3 and this design(as it appears to me) is the overriding of the 'Load Based' system as our bikes are designed from the factory and changing them to throttle position vs rpm based system. The load based is better for cruisers as it simply uses the fuel that's needed at any given time based on load(forces) against the bike and not what is preprogrammed based on where your throttle is positioned at any predetermined rpm.
Well, you would be correct if our bikes (USA) were on a closed loop system. Most US bikes are open loop injection system which is only based off of a map based (preprogramed) software due to there being no O2 sensors. It has a very small degree of variablility in the amount of air it supplies from load---but no variablility in fuel. If we had O2 sensors (making it a closed loop system) then fuel would be based off load from feedback from those sensors---hence the autotune function with the PC5. So, with most US modelsin the M109/C109 they are open loop and there by the power commanders of the world give us the ability to get a better tune. Yes, load based is better for all bikes, but most of us do not have that luxury with a stock bike. So, until they switch the 9's completely over to closed loop systems, we have no choice but to tune with an aftermarket unit.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I was asking Norbert from healtech about getting an X-TRE for my 2010, but now this FI unit is interesting. Do you still need to run a tre with this controller?

Pynikal,
» Quick and Easy setup: Auto cell select, immediate AFR response to cell change. Simple interface, no confusing options to select.
is this what you're thinking is the auto tune? That would be nice, and the unit is small too....

·
Registered
643 Posts
Price: $289.00
No on the bar mount. Not sure where I will put it.

Yes I will. I hope to have it installed this week, If I can find some time.
i installed my Bully this past weekend i found this thread useful since it was my first time with the tank off on the C

http://www.m109riders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67296

i put about 85 backroad miles on it Sunday afternoon initial impressions very positive. hope to put a few tanks of gas thru it quickly as i am eager to get my TRE installed ,but, want too get a feel for the BULLY and its attributes before adding anything else

·
Registered
415 Posts
If we had O2 sensors (making it a closed loop system) then fuel would be based off load from feedback from those sensors---hence the autotune function with the PC5.
I'm not a fan of closed loop systems as there prime function is to minimize emmissions reducing power in the operation. Sniffing exhaust is great if your bike runs best at 14.7. None I have dealt with like that lean of a setup, which is what they tried form the factory with the C109R which causes the terrible lean surge most have experienced.

Yes, load based is better for all bikes, but most of us do not have that luxury with a stock bike. So, until they switch the 9's completely over to closed loop systems, we have no choice but to tune with an aftermarket unit.
Your statement confuses me a bit, most bikes I have come across are Load Based from the factory. It's a luxury we all have. The PCIII's change that to throttle position vs rpms'. Great for racing, not so for cruising. There are controllers that simply add fuel and keep the load based system.

Let me know if you know something I don't but there's alot more out there than the power com. ones.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
There are controllers that simply add fuel and keep the load based system.

Let me know if you know something I don't but there's alot more out there than the power com. ones.
You are correct. The key words are simply add fuel. However, PC3/V and Healtech, are a couple of programmers that can take fuel away---negative numbers---which is negative of stock settings. The advantage of an auto tune function on the PC5 for example--is you can tune to what A/F ratio you desire---like 13:4 instead of 14:0. Now all your 3 pot designs simply add fuel and can not take it away. True load base systems all use O2 sensors. Some bikes that do not have O2 sensors and take some load basis is based on temp and baro sensors---but they do not effect fuel just the incoming air---not a true load based system. I prefer map based (or firmware if you will) so I can tune to my liking with a different map.

·
Registered
415 Posts
You are correct. The key words are simply add fuel....... True load base systems all use O2 sensors. Some bikes that do not have O2 sensors and take some load basis is based on temp and baro sensors---but they do not effect fuel just the incoming air---not a true load based system. I prefer map based (or firmware if you will) so I can tune to my liking with a different map.
It's all in ones preference and what they are used to. I disagree that a true load based system requires an O2 sensors asthe are for emmissions and do little for power.

The M109R and C109R if given a decent aftermarket intake system will never require fuel to be reomved so that feature isn't really a concern. The VTX1800 and VN2000 could use a bit of fuel removal priot to hitting their rev limiters, but not my experience with the M's and C's.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts