M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was changing the bulb on the 109, and thought I'd just place a VTX housing I had in the headlight spot. It's not centered, but it should be an easy mod. All the wires/conectors will definitely fit inside the VTX housing.

PICTURES on the link below

·
Registered
154 Posts
IMO it detracts from the streamlined flow of the bike

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Its ok on the warrior, but in my opionion makes the 109 look too much like every other cruiser out there.. Stick with stock on this one IMO

·
Registered
398 Posts
I wouldnt do it ...it just dosent look right ....very nice warrior and ,is that an acura NSX i see in the back ground?

·
Registered
209 Posts
I like it. I'm thinking about putting a dual headlight set up on mine. Depends on how it looks in person.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I just put it up there to see how it would look. It's definitely a distraction from the M109R, and makes it look like just about all the other cruisers out there. It worked great for the Warrior, but I agree with most, not for the 109.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Ummm... thanks for doing that - you've got me convinced...

(to leave the OEM headlight/cowl on)

:doorag:

·
Registered
817 Posts
I hate to pile on, but I will anyway :D El-stinko on the headlight mod. (Where's the thumbs down smiley?)

·
Registered
525 Posts
Kudos to you for being creative. I've done a photoshop mock-up of a traditional headlight on the 109 and my opinion stays the same. Honestly, it makes the bike look common. These photos validate that. I think you will find that most people here wouldn't change out their headlight, even if a kit existed right now.

·
Registered
426 Posts
The headlight is almost half the look of this bike. It's a love/hate thing. Some guys tell me they hate it, but for me it's one of the things that set the 109R apart from the rest. Keeps the whole SPORT cruiser theme flowing from that front headlight nacelle to the stretched tank to the rear seat cowl to the fatty rear rubber. It's a keeper, not gonna' change it.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts