M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I was wondering if you guys could help out at all. My dad and I are looking into get a headset pair. I have looked at the G2 by scala, but that requires you have a cable to run your mp3 player even if it comes from a cell phone. Sounds odd considering its bluetooth, but its true. Read many reviews on it. I found a pair of Midland BT2's on amazon for a great price, but it only comes with one charger! Any ideas out there guys? What are you guys using?

·
Registered
274 Posts
My wife ansd I use the Chatterbox XBi2, stereo bluetooth, bike to bike duplex intercom means(it works like a phone no push to talk). i hook up wirelessly to GPS, iPhone or mp3 player, and her Chatterbox. You can go up to 3 devices. I give these a big thumbs up.:bigthumbsup: Can hear good at 70 and the range is 500 meters if I remeber correctly. She not usually that far behind on hers though.

I've heard a lot of good things about the new scala 4 too.

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
I bought the HJC IS-MAX BT helmet so that I could get the Chatterbox XBI2-h. It's bluetooth compatible with cell phones, GPS units, MP3's. I"m just waiting for the price to come down a few clicks before I pull the trigger. As Bing said, you can connect up to 3 devices at the same time, within 500- meters http://www.chatterboxusa.com/cbxbi2h.html.

-JOsh

·
Registered
462 Posts
I bought a J & M about 3 years ago with the original bluetooth connection and even it worked well. Now that the wife wants to ride I have been looking at the same stuff. It is hard to decide but I will tell you that before you buy one call the company. There specs will leave out things like noise drop if you get a call so it turns down your stereo or if you can listen to music while you are talking to other rider. Get a list over everything you want it to do and then call and talk to tech support.

·
Registered
818 Posts
I just purchased the VCAN Bluetooth 2.0 integrated modular helmets for me and the wife. Not sure they look good from internet I'll have to let you know should be here this week couple days. But damn gotta warm up here in FL before we'll be out testing them current temp is 47 and predicted 27 for tomorrow morning. So I may get to test the Phone, GPS, and MP3 stuff but rider to rider won't happen until the weather breaks wife retired her snowmobile suit years ago :D

:doorag:

·
Registered
917 Posts
I bought a J & M about 3 years ago with the original blue tooth connection and even it worked well. Now that the wife wants to ride I have been looking at the same stuff. It is hard to decide but I will tell you that before you buy one call the company. There specs will leave out things like noise drop if you get a call so it turns down your stereo or if you can listen to music while you are talking to other rider. Get a list over everything you want it to do and then call and talk to tech support.
If you listen to music on your J&M you've been spoiled, just know going into it that blue tooth will never be the same. I had the Scala 2 (blue tooth) then J&M (wired) and then I tried the Scala G4 (blue tooth), now I have the Starcom1 Digital (wired system that fits in my tool area under the seat, with the J&M headset spliced in). Blue tooth is OK but if you want high quality sound a wired system is the only way to go, just my two cents... I'll be selling my G4's on here once I get a replacement mount which I did some failed R&D on.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Pic

Here's a pic with the Chatterbox XBi2 unit on my helmet. you can see it just above the right hand grip on my Multi tech.

I have the Full face version

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
I Watching this thread , I am Soo tired of ear buds, so helmet speakers look like a good option for me , i have the Droid and that give me a base to build a sound system , ,, any one found helmet mounted speakers they love ,,sorry to jack the tread :redfaced:

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
Ooinkk, I'm using the scala G4... Bluetooth is awesome to link up my ipod... The speakers supplied kinda sucked though so i just cut up and good set of headphones and spliced them into the scala system.. Works great and excellent sound quality..:bigthumbsup:
Thanks Scott , Thats a great idea , at the meet two years ago , When Tbone went down he was Paired up with his brother on one of those systems , and Brandon HEARD THE WHOLE ACCIDDENT ,thru that thing
But the only other problem i have with that system is the Battery life ,some our rides are a lot longer than 6 to 8 hours long :dontknow:

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
I wanna get a XBI kit, but I don't wanna pay full price.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
I use them with my buddys, riding seperate bikes they work great. You can link them up like a confrence call of sort. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
927 Posts
Hello All,

I was wondering if you guys could help out at all. My dad and I are looking into get a headset pair. I have looked at the G2 by scala, but that requires you have a cable to run your mp3 player even if it comes from a cell phone. Sounds odd considering its bluetooth, but its true. Read many reviews on it. I found a pair of Midland BT2's on amazon for a great price, but it only comes with one charger! Any ideas out there guys? What are you guys using?
I have the scala G2 used them on a 5k trip to flagstaff AZ and back to VA. The battery life is great last all day. They are crystal clear even at 70-80mph with a full face on. The only downside is the MP3 feature is a little lacking because the volume is not that good. If you have a good, solid loud MP3 player then go for it, because the voice and phone features are great. They dont take long to charge and will last for a full day of riding.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Thanks Scott , Thats a great idea , at the meet two years ago , When Tbone went down he was Paired up with his brother on one of those systems , and Brandon HEARD THE WHOLE ACCIDDENT ,thru that thing
But the only other problem i have with that system is the Battery life ,some our rides are a lot longer than 6 to 8 hours long :dontknow:
Buy the pro set (two G4's) and have both units already set up and just switch them out when you need to.

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
Buy the pro set (two G4's) and have both units already set up and just switch them out when you need to.
Your starcom set up sounds Luke the way to go! Quality sound and no worries about battery's, which unit did you choose?
Never mind, I didn't read your post completely

·
Registered
255 Posts
We have the Scala G4 and love it... We have them attached to our half helmets. Love the bluetooth.....

·
Registered
462 Posts
Has anyone used the Scala G4 on an Iphone 3gs? I have my phone, gps and mp3 player all on that one unit and I want to make sure it will handle all those things.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Just got off the phone with a rep from them and he said it will work, but if you run a GPS app it might not push the voice directions through. The phone and mp3 player will work.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Talk is talk , but if you like listening to music , a wired system is the way to go . I use Starcom Digital w/ remote volume . Audio quality is amazing .

1 - 20 of 26 Posts