M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this Ion CCFL Halo Kit at www.sportbikelites.com/SUZUKI-CCFL-KIT-p/ccfl%20halo%20kit%2034.htm and I had some questions for you guys. First, if anyone is using it, how do you like it? Do you have any pics? Also I wonder if it would affect the headlight reflection because it looks like it would mount in front of the reflective lens inside the headlight. Just looking for some info before I purchase. Thanks...look forward to your suggestions.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Found it THanks

Don't know why I could not find it to begin with, but I finally found a thread from back in April 2009.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
I tried this it worked great and nothing but coplements on being bad azz.$12.00 at advance auto.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Much better

:bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:I like this way better. Looks like it belongs in the headlight. Looks really good too. Good idea.

·
Registered
595 Posts
What does it do? :dontknow:

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
I got a set of led's Blue from auto zone it has 2 strips in it 12" long.You can cut them inbetween every third light on scissor mark and they will still work.
1. Take head light off bike. Take apart.
2. Use heat gun to remove clear lens using screw driver with duct tape on tip to protect lens.
3. Clean inside where lights go, Cut lights to length.Start at top,Mid.
4. Install lights to inside of the black ring.(Just outside of chrome one).
5. There is a vent in bottom back of light. Push cap out run wires threw.
6. Tie knot in both wires, Drill 1/8 hole in cap. Reinstall cap with small amount of silicone in side.(Your knot should be up against hole inside cap so if pulled on it will not pull lights loose).
7. Put back together,connect to head light wire. Or connect to led switch like I did. Then you can make them Breath,Flash,or stay on.:bigthumbsup:
Someone else came up with this idea. on this site. I thought I would try it and it was not that bad.
Good luck Bro.
Dam Guy

·
Registered
262 Posts
Good directions....but an easier way is to use your oven....instead of a heat gun.

Set oven tojust under 300 and put housing in for 4 mins.

Use oven mits to remove cause it will be hot!

Seperate lens from backing and install LEDs.

After putting LEDs inside push backing and lens back together and place back in oven for 4 mins.

Remove good as new!

·
Registered
169 Posts
I got a set of led's Blue from auto zone it has 2 strips in it 12" long.You can cut them inbetween every third light on scissor mark and they will still work.
1. Take head light off bike. Take apart.
2. Use heat gun to remove clear lens using screw driver with duct tape on tip to protect lens.
3. Clean inside where lights go, Cut lights to length.Start at top,Mid.
4. Install lights to inside of the black ring.(Just outside of chrome one).
5. There is a vent in bottom back of light. Push cap out run wires threw.
6. Tie knot in both wires, Drill 1/8 hole in cap. Reinstall cap with small amount of silicone in side.(Your knot should be up against hole inside cap so if pulled on it will not pull lights loose).
7. Put back together,connect to head light wire. Or connect to led switch like I did. Then you can make them Breath,Flash,or stay on.:bigthumbsup:
Someone else came up with this idea. on this site. I thought I would try it and it was not that bad.
Good luck Bro.
Dam Guy
Great directions!! I followed them except I didnt have a heat gun so I had to use my oven and mine turned out awesome!! parts also came from auto zone, $19.99. Thanks!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts