M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
I am not sure of the headlight assembly, but I think the two bolts on either side are all you need to remove...

Speaking of the headlight assembly, does anyone know where to get a replacement chrome piece for this?

G

·
There are two bolts/screws (not sure which) that hold it on from the black plastic from behind. There is one on the upper right and the upper left if you are sitting on the bike, then take the right and left side bolts out of the chrome piece that is easily visable. Page 7-36 of the owner's manual.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hello,
Headlight disassembly is very easy. Two push pin fasteners on the top right and left of the black inside cover. The two hex bolts on the out side of the cover near the forks. Once these are taken out there are two fasteners inside that you just pull on to dis-connect the headlight cowl from the bike. Disconnect the headlight harness and you done.

Part # for chrome cover #[email protected]

Good Luck!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanx! That was really what I was looking for, I knew about the two hex keys, they are obviously in-sight, I just wasn't sure about the 'push-pins' how easily they would come out, and I didn't want to pull hard and break it, because I know on all my old toyota's if you pop one of those bad boys out, they snap, and are unrepairable. Yea, the headlight cover I ordered from my dealer, a little over $100 with S & H.

P.s. - I don't have the owners manual yet so that's why I'm asking all these dumb questions, suzuki told me I'd have to get it through the dealer, and I'm sorry, but 'Crazy Freddies' flat out sux with customer service.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Take a small phillips screw driver and gently push the center of the push-pin until you here it "click" and pull it out.

Takes about 5 seconds to do, took me 20 minutes to figure it out!.

Gently slide the headlight bucket forward and remove the wire harness for the headlight. I replaced my light with a PIAA bulb and aimed the light higher (simply by turning in the allen head screw), What a difference!

Krieghoff

1 - 7 of 7 Posts