M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell be how to check to make sure that my headlight is properly aimed. The other night when I was riding with my wife and the high beam didn't look like it was aimed correctly. I found myself using the low beam and the pass button in order to see the road better.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Pull into a garage, sit on the bike to keep it straight up and down, pull about 10 feet from the back wall and see where the beam hits.. if the top of the beam is like down around the level of the top of the front tire, raise it up. You might also think about replacing the stock bulb with one of the PIAA bulbs from Directline Parts (link is the big black and red donut at the top right of the site) if the light doesn't look bright enough to you.

G

·
m109rchief said:
Can anyone tell be how to check to make sure that my headlight is properly aimed. The other night when I was riding with my wife and the high beam didn't look like it was aimed correctly. I found myself using the low beam and the pass button in order to see the road better.
Its very possible that its aimed correct but not ferking with your preload when throwing an extra 115+ pounds on the back of the bike will have the rear of the bike lower than normal, thus lighting up the tops of trees instead of the road

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Take your allen wrench on a night ride with you and just keep adjusting it till you are happy with it........... :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
600 Posts
I had the same problem, Chief. Riding in the mountains on a short trip for a meal and the high beam was shining about 10 feet up in the trees with the missus riding with me. Just have to adjust it back and forth a bit depending on whether riding alone or two-up :tools:

P.S. Hello, Cheryl :D

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Congrats Trouble,
That package in your arms looks as sweet as my 9er does.

Thanks for the info. everyone. I'm going out tonight and do some test riding.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts