M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this bike is fast but after yesterday I want to see how much power this thing is putting to the rear wheel. I'll post the dyno chart when I get back. 8)

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jonce said:
What's your guess? Mine is 122 rwhp and 103 ft lbs trq. Just a guess, haven't had a chance to ride one yet. I have another 4 weeks before I can buy one :mad:
100+ hp and 90+ on torque. How that for a nebulous answer. ;)

G

·
Kool!I'm really curious on what this thing makes..I'm gonna guess,,,,,105 rwhp and 93 torque...all at more than max avertised rpm @ 6700....Can't wait to see the results...
Also ,,after you,we have a baseline ,,,what are those pipes,,dynojet pcIII and a thunder air kit gonna add... ;D ;D ;D :D ;) ..and then bigger cams a big bore kit....oh boy......150 to the rear ..or more?That otta be fun..

G

·
Just remember that whatever results that Lamont gets today apply to his bike only, on that particular dyno at the atmospheric conditions present when they do the dyno.

So don't get too bummed out either way if your numbers are different than his.

·
Registered
3 Posts
HalGreenlee said:
Just remember that whatever results that Lamont gets today apply to his bike only, on that particular dyno at the atmospheric conditions present when they do the dyno.

So don't get too bummed out either way if your numbers are different than his.
Hal

Not sure about the equipment Lamont will be running on but many dynos I've used can/do compensate for temps, humidy, barometric pressure etc ... I would guess numbers will be close to the same (within 2-5) just dending on calibration. All this is dependent on "if" the dyno can be compensated.

Don

PS
Great looking board AND congratulations on the "win" :eek:!

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well it's not what I had hoped for but it's close to what I thought it would be. This was done on a Dynojet 250. We didn't do fuel air and we only did a 4 gear roll on. Ken thought we could get some better numbers in 5th but I had already pulled the bike off and now I have a baseline to work with. One thing that I thought was pretty cool was the bike topped out at 127 mph in 4th.. ;D

Here's the chart.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I'm not very mechanical, but 127 in 4th is impressive to me. Thank you Lamonster. You are a trailblazer.

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
traysvega said:
Wow ,more than enough at the rear wheel....For me,,,for now.. ;)Thanks Lamonster......
I got to tell you the bike feels faster than the numbers are showing but did you look at how fast that torque comes up! :eek: The one run is a nice roll on and the other is a whack it to you hit the rev limiter. ;D

G

·
Yep,,,,Double wowy on the torque.....Man now all we need is a good 1/4 mile run....I remember seeing that thunder mgf...did the mean streak up? and it only had 100 to the rear wheel and ran 11.90ish? and dont think it had the same bunch of torque the m109 does.....Geez....still guessin 11.70's 80's .... ;D....

G

·
Is it possible that the numbers will actually get better as the motor breaks in? Will a tight, brand new motor make the power that a bike with 5,000 miles on the odometer will? Thanks for taking this step for us all.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Just curious if anyone know the hard facts about HP on the v-rod. A guy who ones one said it has 111 but when I rode it, my 109 had alot more than that. Did they pump up their HP numbers too? He also said it did the 1/4 in 11.2 Is that possible with a stock bike?

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
lamonster thanks for takin the time to do this, and even moreso for sharing it with us.

·
Registered
7 Posts
ditch said:
Just curious if anyone know the hard facts about HP on the v-rod. A guy who ones one said it has 111 but when I rode it, my 109 had alot more than that. Did they pump up their HP numbers too? He also said it did the 1/4 in 11.2 Is that possible with a stock bike?
I currently own a V-Rod. Typical rear-wheel power for a stock bike is 112hp / 76ftlbs. Typical mods would be: Replace the OE air filter with a K&N, new exhaust, and a fuel manager. With a slip-on exahust system, owners are generally seeing another 2-3 hp and 1-2 ftlbs. With full exhaust, around 117-118 hp and 79-80 ftlbs. Other than these mods, there isnt a whole lot you can do to modify the engine unless you are considering serious, expensive mods. ie...Big-bore, turbo, nitrous.

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
J R said:
I think maybe the guy might be a little mislead.The bike from Suzuki is mesured in crankshaft h.p. with God knows what correction factor. I dont think Lamonsters 109 is off by 27 h.p. :confused: Actually his chart is really about right on with comparing other bikes Dyno rear wheel h.p with factory rated H.P . Everybike and different dyno,s and different times of the year and weather and rear tires used e.c.t affect dyno readings.Look at the two graphs above and the difference in #1 run and number 2 run. Im guessing the bike started to get warm ????
The bike was getting warm and I didn't have the back strapped down as tight as I would have liked. :confused: The guy forgot to turn the fans on and he was so busy doing other stuff that I'm not sure if he was really paying attention to what he was doing. He kept hitting the rev limiter and he really should have backed off before he did that.

I think next time I'm going to see if he will let me rent the dyno for a couple of hours and I can play with the FI2000 a little bit then. He pretty much let me run the computer when I was there so I know he knows I know what I'm doing, just wish I would have remembered the fans. :redfaced:

·
Radio Active Member
27,668 Posts
J R said:
I think maybe the guy might be a little mislead.The bike from Suzuki is mesured in crankshaft h.p. with God knows what correction factor. I dont think Lamonsters 109 is off by 27 h.p. :confused: Actually his chart is really about right on with comparing other bikes Dyno rear wheel h.p with factory rated H.P . Everybike and different dyno,s and different times of the year and weather and rear tires used e.c.t affect dyno readings.Look at the two graphs above and the difference in #1 run and number 2 run. Im guessing the bike started to get warm ???? Honestly I wouldnt get to caught up in dyno wars.Its all in the rider and power to weight ratio.Dyno,s are great tools but thats it just a tool.
Yes I know they are just tools, but I just wanted to pass it on.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Lamonster said:
Well it's not what I had hoped for but it's close to what I thought it would be. This was done on a Dynojet 250. We didn't do fuel air and we only did a 4 gear roll on. Ken thought we could get some better numbers in 5th but I had already pulled the bike off and now I have a baseline to work with. One thing that I thought was pretty cool was the bike topped out at 127 mph in 4th.. ;D

Here's the chart.
http://image2.frappr.com/pix2/i/20060413/4/5/b/45b277d3c19ded1038e153d6c2e3c7600
That sounds about right for top speed. I was doing around 125 and close to 5000 rpms in 5th and had plenty of pull just not enough safe distance.

·
Radio Active Member
27,668 Posts
Fritz said:
 Sorry thar Bubs,but you don't know what yer talkin about.!!!!!!!!!!!
 A dyno gives the conditions AS ARE.
 Are you dumb,er what.
 A Dyno is like a drag strip.On damp days,where Barometric pressure is way off
 and the humidity is High,ya get bad runs.Why would a Dyno compensate for a
 given. A dyno is as close to a genuine reflefction of the Engines performance.
 That is why they differ some.If an engine is overheated and it's raining outside,
 then the dyno in the Back room will still reflect poorly.
 BTW,This Lamonster dude,never gave us his official Dyno results.
 He just kinda winged a guess.
Not very accurate,for someone interested in Performance.
You must be a Harley rider or maybe a Warrior. In the real world, a graph would show the M109R kicking @ss. :p :#1:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts