M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Dad and I are doing a father son trip to the dragon on July 19th. We are staying at the two wheel inn. Any other roads to check out while we are there?

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
My Dad and I are doing a father son trip to the dragon on July 19th. We are staying at the two wheel inn. Any other roads to check out while we are there?
Here's some ideas!

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=U...7840314413588941562.000488eaac0e235a3c232&z=9

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=U...840314413588941562.0004876e85eae07957859&z=10

If you want to head into GA some I would suggest hitting GA 60 that goes through Suches there is a place called Two Wheels and you can always run 128 into GA which is an awesome road.

NC 28 from Franklin through Highlands and beyond is awesome.
NC 64 towards Cashiers and Caesar's Head is Great and then across Caesars Head which is the highest point in SC if my memory serves me correctly.

Need More? How much time do you have and how many miles do you want to log? :D

·
Registered
324 Posts
Suggestions...... Listen to Chad ( Luckey06) He probably knows these roads as well ass anyone........ but from my limited experience, they are all great riding, but the important thing is to ride safely with both wheels on the asphalt.....
Really, beautiful country, enjoy the scenery when you stop.... ! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
5,562 Posts
all of them..... And keep your ego in check and ride within your ability its beautiful country and worth seeing!! Ride safe! Take lots of Pictures! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
do the dragon ,,carefully the first time then HIT IT ,
just be careful !!
bikes cross the center line all the time ,not to mention the cagers , and there is all most allways a tenn Highway Patrol car some where ,
one other thing to rember , take time to talk to the Locals , they are some of the nicest people around , wish i could go with yall :bigthumbsup:

G

·
my only tips...
SLow in fast out
look through the turns

careful as mentioned...there are others out there on those roads that don't know what they are doing and cross the double yellow frequently...

and most of all

HAVE FRIGGIN FUN

I've never been there, but I hear it's a blast.....:congrats:

·
Registered
26 Posts
My wife and I were just up there over the memorial day weekend. Rode Hwy60 and the Dragon. Stayed in Suches in log cabins with about 20 other riders...it was awesome. Hwy 60 is a must ride....

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
My wife and I were just up there over the memorial day weekend. Rode Hwy60 and the Dragon. Stayed in Suches in log cabins with about 20 other riders...it was awesome. Hwy 60 is a must ride....
Yes HWY 60 is one of N. GA's best roads. From Morganton to Suches is great! :bigthumbsup:

Also at Deals Gap Hwy 129 in NC go east on Hellbender Hwy 28 then South on Hwy 74 along the Nantahala river is tremendous!!! Also Lucky06's maps are outstanding. Just pick any paved road in western NC and you'll be loving life.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Keep the rubber side down. I would love to get over there. It's kinda far from Oregon. Maybe one of these days.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
My best advice would be to practice taking the curves on the outside of the lane leaning in as to not lean across the center line. Practice this on some roads like hwy 28 (little dragon) going into Deals Gap. You will meet several bikes and cars in the curves taking it a little wide so you will need to have your space to lean.
Also be ready to buy a shirt or cap at the store but most importantly don't leave any 109 parts on the Tree of Shame.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Dragon is the big name, but you will want to ride the Charahalla Skyway, if you have time look for Wayah Rd and Warwoman rd. Wayah is west of Franklyn about 4 miles off of 64 and Warwoman is on 441 at Clayton, ride east and you can catch 64 to Highlands and Franklyn. These are some awesome Roads, great scenery, good elevation changes and twisty. Not as much traffic as the dragon so you can relax and enjoy it more.

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
My advise.....order your replacement pegs now!! :joke:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts