M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dad and I are going to leave from Staunton about 5 or 6 am on Sunday the 27th and if there is anyone else interested in riding the Dragon or Cherohala Skyway just let me know. Also if there is anyone that has suggestions on where to stay that Sunday night, I would appreciate it.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope, just after. I couldn't leave the couple of days early that Shawn, Eric and the other guys are going to do.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
jd, it shouldnt be hard to find a room around there on a sunday evening. if you are going to ride the skyway then you might as well ride the dragon too. go to www.tailofthedragon.com. they have links to some great places to stay along with maps of the best roads to ride while your there. the rockslide on the TN side of the dragon is supposed to be cleaned up soon and i heard the contractor is ahead of schedule.
see ya soon!:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the suggestions on the hotels, we are gonna stay at the Days Inn north of Maryville off of Alcoa, where Hink and the crew are doing the pre-meet. Can't beat $40 a night! I plan on riding till dark or my body tells me that it can't take any more. Either way my dad and I are gonna be around 2000 miles (not including trailering from Indy to Staunton) round trip when its all said and done. The dragon isn't exactly on the way home, but if my wife asks...........I guess we took a wrong turn somewhere.:dontknow::D

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
I'll should be on the NC side of the Dragon Friday and Sat. I can be on the Dragon Sunday but I'll have to stay in Cherokee Sunday night or pay for a room elsewhere. Was planning on returning home to Monroe on Sunday but if some 9 bro's are going to be there I may just have to play hookie on Monday.
We were actually planning to stay at Harrahs in Cherokee on Friday and Sat. making a day trip to the Dragon on Sat.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We will be taking off for home on Monday morning, probably after we eat breakfast. But we should be there to ride the dragon and Cherohala Skyway around midday. If you are going to be in the area maybe we could meet you somewhere for lunch and talk about routes since neither my dad or me have ever been there.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well maybe we can still meet for lunch and you can tell us where to ride since you will be riding around the area on Friday and Saturday.

·
Registered
163 Posts
JD I get out'a church around 11am on sunday and could possibly hook up somewhere after that. I right down the road from the skyway and maryville. Give me a shout I'd ride.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts