M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally figured out how to correctly post pics and then someone moved them to the testing section. Heck, I was done testing. I passed, and no one is going to look there. Anyway the pics moved showed a rather simple clean up of the rear section to open the rear tire up.
By removing the stock relector/license light combination, and cutting away about 60% of thev mount that was left with a die grinder, I was able to move my license up flush to the rear fender. Then we angled it out to flow more with the lines of the tire. See what you think.
Jerbear

·
Registered
231 Posts
Do you still have a light on it?

Side angle photo would be great... it's a smart idea for sure...

·
Registered
231 Posts
jerbear said:
The plate mount has red LEDs across the top and white Leds shining down on the plate.
Jer
Do you have the RED lights tied into the brake lighting or just the rear tail lighting?

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The're wired in to operate as part of my Run, turn, and brake system. Obviously they don't do turn signal duty, but they are on all of the time the bike is on and function as additional brake lighting the same as my Red LED cluster turn signals do. This bike has brightness in back, and folks will know it when you put the brakes on.
The run, turn, and brake is a Kuryakyn product and can be bought through Hal on his HDL site for the best price most of the time if you're interested in it. The lights go through like an 8 light blinking process before they stay on bright red.
Jer

1 - 5 of 5 Posts