M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Coming home from a ride tonight and seen several friends with their bikes parked in a driveway. Turned around and stopped to say hello! Two brand new Harley's were parked side by side. Both owners mentioned that they had just a few hundred miles on their bikes and after that they walked over to the 109 and couldn't take their eyes off it. The questions were flying about the 109, HP?, Torque? Ride Comfort? and they couldn't get over the 240 rear tire. I haven't made mods yet but told them about a 250 tire upgrade, side mount and a few other things I'd like to do. The guys were amazed that I was going to change anything as the bike looked awesome stock! One of the guys looks at me and asks, "Another Harley Eater", I smiled and said yes. They remember my 1800VTX/C and I told them that the X was a Hot Dog Eater, when I first got it. We continued to talk for another 1/2 hour and they kept circling the 109. I never did get a close look at their bikes and finally left thinking, these guys were hard core HD folks but you could tell by the expressions on their faces, that they thought the 109 was a Kick A__ machine. :) :) :) :) :)

·
Registered
211 Posts
The engineers of Suzuki really hit a home run with this bike. Kudos for the whole team because all the way from the looks, performance, marketing and the price, the whole package together is amazing. I do like the Vrod and the Rome but the M109 is just a great package. After 18 years of riding sport bikes I'm glad I make the change. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
112 Posts
My buddies did the exact same thing. But they of coures said what kinda of up grades are there. I think the bike looks great but there is couple of things i will do. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
326 Posts
I've found that it's a love / hate decision. I showed my 109 to a friend the other day who is a longtime HD fan and he thought it looked nice but didn't like the sport style. In all fairness he realy likes the "cruiser" look with the big front back fender and all.

He could appreciate the look of the 109 but it wasn't his style.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I had something similar happen to me about a week ago. I pulled into the local shell station to fill up ($14.51) and there was a guy with a vrod at the next pump up. He commented about how nice it was to only pay 15 bucks to fill the tank what with rising gas prices and all and I agreed. I finised pumping and then started up and pulled around him to leave the station. The next thing I know, he is pulling up beside me and asking me "Wow what is that?" and "How big is that tire". So I gave him the specs and such. He really liked the styling and said it was one of the best looking bikes he had ever seen. I must admit that if it werent for price i would probably own a Vrod, as that is what i was initially looking at, but I think Im better off with what I got. A black M109R.

PS most harley guys reallly are cool in person, but i do think they like to bash on the boards.

·
Registered
572 Posts
I took my Motorcycle Safety Foundation course at a Harley Dealership here in Houston (Mancuso HD) and when we finished the class, they had you put down what you liked about Harley and what two models you wanted... and yesterday I get a call from a Harley salesman, and it was so much FUN to let them know "Sorry, bought a REAL bike, the Suzuki M 109 :)" and proceeded to be hung up on :)

Don't be jealous, go out and buy yourself one! :)

Oh yeah, it was very comforting to see the Suzuki dealer having so few bikes in their shop when I picked mine up, yet walking through the back of that HD dealership, saw at least 100 bikes back there, all waiting for repair... you make your decision....

I want to be out RIDING my bike, not dreaming about it as I see other riders blow by me when I'm stuck in my daily driver...

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Most of the HD guys that I've talked to really like the styling and everything about the 109. Some of them don't like the headlight cowl, but that's part of what makes this bike stand out. I Love it and wouldn't trade it for Harley! Even if cost was the same!!

·
Registered
702 Posts
I hope noone takes this thread as a Harley Bashing thread here on this site. Let's as a group not be led to any low remarks about HD, who has kept the cruiser idea alive long enough for imitators to surpass the original. :cop:

And this post is NOT accusing any prior posters. I just don't want to see the thread go the wrong direction. :)

·
Registered
346 Posts
Wow we got some fragile people on this site. This is the second post I have deleted today, sorry if I offended anyone with my comments. Harleys rule.

·
Registered
752 Posts
pizzmor said:
Wow we got some fragile people on this site. This is the second post I have deleted today, sorry if I offended anyone with my comments. Harleys rule.
Don't sweat it. I offended some crazy ex Bandit owner on this site too :joke:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts