M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
mmmmm its not exactly in the "fugly" category, but it not exactly attractive either.......I guess just plain ugly will best describe it. :duck:

But im sure its fast :confused:

·
Registered
178 Posts
That new VRSCAW really isn't too bad in that two-tone olive color.  I have nothing against HDs, in fact I went and rode one before I bought my M109 and then went and rode the 109.  No comparison in my book, the 109 beat the snot outta the HD as far as comfort, power, pricepoint, etc.

Funny thing happened actually when I went to the HD dealer first. I told the salesguy I just started looking and was wanting to compare a VROD to the M109.  After he basically forced me to ride the VROD, it was all he could do to try and keep me in his office until I bought a HD w/o even going to look anywhere else.  There was no way I was going to buy that HD without checking out anything else.  Guess he was worried that when I rode the 109 I'd buy it instead.  Sho 'nuff, that's what happened.   :p

It's funny that HD is following in the footsteps with that fat rear end.  Guess they're were  :swear: when the 9 came out and stole all their thunder.  Now they're trying to gain back a little business or maybe a little face.  Too funny!!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Looks like a POS to me. Is it really flat black or is that just the pic? I hate the head light and that beach ball looking thing that sits where a gas tank is supposed to be. Even if it was twice as fast and half the price I wouldn't ride it. That thing will not turn heads like a 109.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I guess I am the minority here. I like it. I don't like the exhaust but that is it. I think it looks like a Yamaha Warrior. I am not very familiar with them but I have seen a Warrior around town that looks exactly like that. It even has the rim decals. Still nice vrod though. Value doesn't compare with the 109 though.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Wonder how the numbers go on this one...

Funny how it is almost all black NOW... watch as they make the HD yuppies buy every part for it in chrome....

So after buying all the chrome, it won't be black anymore, and will have cost twice as much :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Fellas,,not only does it have the 240 rear tire factory,,but the headlight cover as well(you know the one alot of people Hate?) ;) and also now has a 5 gallon gas tank.....seems the 109 made them stand up and listen.... :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
The only thing I don't like is the black rims, which make the tires look like plain old fat cruiser tires. When my aunt and uncle saw my 109, all she could say was, "I wish mine had a fat tire like that." She rides a V-Rod, and he rides a Road King Classic. Maybe she'll trade in for the newer model.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I like everything except the coffee thermoses, the price, and the fact that a guy my size looks like he is riding a toy on any v-rod..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
traysvega said:
Fellas,,not only does it have the 240 rear tire factory,,but the headlight cover as well(you know the one alot of people Hate?) ;) and also now has a 5 gallon gas tank.....seems the 109 made them stand up and listen.... :bigthumbsup:
My point exactly... it ressembles a lot of the 109... I personally like it... it looks mean and agressive... kind of like a street fighter...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Jay109 said:
Is it really flat black or is that just the pic?
There is 2 color choices:
1 - flat black with gloss black le mans racing stripes on the tank
2 - gloss black with flat black le mans racing stripes on the tank

I admit it: I like it and for the first time I am no longer looking at the vrod as a chick bike, but a bad ass contender...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
With this example it seems I will have to go in a powder coating frenzy with my 9... I dig the blacked out look...

·
Registered
75 Posts
I don't ride a 109 or a V-rod, but I think this is a very cool bike....let's not start bashing, every bike has it's good and bad points, I also think like some of you have said.....they are looking for a new type of buyer, say like the M109 rider.....they are trying to do what ever it takes to steal you back to H-D....240 rr, 5 gals tank......etc...JMO

1 - 20 of 74 Posts