M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
109 is 10x comfy with plent of power. if your a cannon carver get the busa. although the 109 handles well on curvy roads too. i'm not biased at all, am i? :doorag:

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Two quite different bikes. the busa would prolly run off and hide from the M109R in 4th gear. Just sold my hayabusa I didn't think it was bad at all for as ride goes, wife wouldn't agree. Can't say anything about the M109R yet other than I like the looks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had a 2003 Busa that a drunk driver relieved me of, along with full use of my left leg. The M109 is much more comfortable for long rides. Now all of my old Busa riding friends, who are all in there late 30's earyly 40's want M'S after seeing how mind looks and how well it keeps up with them in curves. If your young and don't mind being bald up while your riding go with the busa. But if you want to look good crusing Go with the M.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I own both. They are 2 totally different animals. The Hayabusa is not as comfortable but will out handle the M109R. My busa has a 240 back tire and still handles better than my M109R. I am getting them both custom painted so I will have a mathing pair. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
50 Posts
I also own both. At 6'1, and 49 years "young", I have gotten used to the busa's leg position. They are both great bikes and I look forward to many years of enjoyable riding.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have a similar question. I like the 109r but the busa is more like my riding style and the looks that i like. The one point that is going to sell me on which bike i buy is the wrist placement. I have had a few sporty bikes: Nighthawk 750 and Suzuki Katana. Both of them were fine bikes for comfort. My wrists never hurt only the occational shake down to get the gloves back off my fingertips. I have also had A CBR600 F4i. I tried every trick i knew. I installed Heli Bars, i loosened the straps on my gloves, i completely loosened my grip to a dangerous point, I was constantly in pain on my wrist. It is because of the position of my wrist on the bike. If I have to turn my wrist down and fingers up the bloodflow gets cut off and my hand goes painfully numb.

So my thinking is the M109r will not have the problem..... but what about the Busa? I know there are former riders of the busa here. Did your wrists ever end up in that painful position with the bottom part below the handlebar and the middle part up higher? Did you try solutions like the Gen Mar or Heli Bar riser or even the LSL Handlebar kit?

PS: I am hijacking this thread.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have never ad that problem. I ride my busa every other day, and have rode it for over 4 hours from Panama City Beach to Montgomery, AL. Maybe it is the risers that help with no discomfort.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
I hang out with some crotch rocket guys...spanning in age from mid 20's to the oldest guy who is 44...and when we come back from rides...I see them
doing all this stretching and moaning and groaning..... :eek:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Get 'em both!! Those are the 2 bikes that I own. I ride my 109 more than the busa now, but I love to tour on the busa. 2 years ago, I rode the busa from south florida to Canada, and I'm getting ready to do it again in August. Last trip was about 3200 miles. It really depends on where you will be riding. The busa is more comfortable for high speed highway travell, but the 109 is much more comfortable at speeds under 60 mph.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I guess I should explain my riding style. Up here you have a few choices. You can ride on the streets and pretty much be in stop and go traffic light to traffic light mode. You can also ride on the highway 55+ (Actual speed is more like 70-75+). Lastly, if you can find them you can ride somewhere to actually go riding; IE: riding out to a country road. That takes anywhere from 30 to 45 minuets to do.

My concern is the M109r will be too heavy and too much to handle in the city. Once on the highway and country roads, I think it will be fine but to actually get there or to get anywhere in town it would be a pain. The thing that sucks is the majority of my riding will be in the city or at least in high traffic.

Also the majority of time will be spent on 30 mile 1 hour long rides. The 2+ hour trips are fairly rare for me. Though I have done it about 5 times in the past 3 years.

·
Registered
326 Posts
The Hayabusa is not a sportbike like the GSXR family, its a sport-tourer and it is a comfortable bike, I rode my Boosa from Detroit to Toronto and had a great time

·
Registered
77 Posts
BigBoreBiker said:
The Hayabusa is not a sportbike like the GSXR family, its a sport-tourer and it is a comfortable bike, I rode my Boosa from Detroit to Toronto and had a great time
Actually, its full name is GSX-R 1300 Hayabusa. :read: ;)

·
Registered
109 Posts
Hmmm,,I have no trouble with my M109 in city :bigthumbsup:,,,and I do a lot of slow corners.

It balance wonderful with clutch handling in slow speeds,,I can literally stand still on the spot with the bike without feet on the ground,,,, :bigthumbsup:
Weight??,,nah,,well I've had 2 1100 before and it doesn't feel so much different. :D

·
Registered
77 Posts
The way i see it if you want pure speed Hayabusa - But if you want pure speed with alot of comfort - well you know what you have to do. DONT YOU

1 - 20 of 29 Posts