M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I cried wolf, sorry. :D

but I got your attention. I want to get back into the big liter sportbikes and am dying to find out any new info on the new lineup .

**JeffW, did any of the Suzuki reps say anything about future sportbikes, i.e. Hayabusa?????

I hate the look of the ZX-14, it reminds me of the Hurricane in the 80's ::) and don't want a 1000 cc bike that feels like a 600.

somebody's got to have some info for me, thanks

-Chad

Chad

·
Registered
770 Posts
I was talking w/ my dealer and they said there is no change due to overstocking of 2006 models and Zx-14 is not selling so good in the midwest so they aren't willing to change the busa yet. at least thats the fairytale I got from him :dontknow:

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ppridgen1 said:
buy a new busa and just get a kit for cubes you want and put it together .....beats waiting for a stocker that you'll wanna modify anyhow!!!
If the price was right I could be talked into one, but I'm big on getting the newest body style. gotta keep up with the Jones's......

VINNIE1209 said:
I was talking w/ my dealer and they said there is no change due to overstocking of 2006 models and Zx-14 is not selling so good in the midwest so they aren't willing to change the busa yet. at least thats the fairytale I got from him :dontknow:
Maybe the zx-14's will get a redesign next year, my only hope now is that Honda will Join in on the battle and come out with a new Blackbird! :joke:

·
Registered
267 Posts
SpeedStack said:
If the price was right I could be talked into one, but I'm big on getting the newest body style. gotta keep up with the Jones's......

Maybe the zx-14's will get a redesign next year, my only hope now is that Honda will Join in on the battle and come out with a new Blackbird! :joke:
I had an '03 Blackbird and besides being a little top heavy, I loved it. I am waiting to see a new Blackbird come out.

·
Registered
514 Posts
SpeedStack said:
Ok, so I cried wolf, sorry. :D

but I got your attention. I want to get back into the big liter sportbikes and am dying to find out any new info on the new lineup .

**JeffW, did any of the Suzuki reps say anything about future sportbikes, i.e. Hayabusa?????
The 2007 Busa was ready to come out the door..... until the ZX-14 uppped the bar. 2008 is the next release of the Busa...... They have stated that the top speed record will come back to Suzuki.

I see:

New Frame
14xx cc motor
Upgraded ECU, faster
Twin injectors (tower) ???????
12 hole injectors like the 07 1`k gets this year.
Redesign of the body.

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
are the bastiges gonna give us the B-King? thats what I want, a busa powered upright nekkid sporty bike. no more back breakers for me. I kinda hoped Kawasaki would have done up a ZRX 1400 since they dropped the ZRX 12 from the USA for 06'. They always decide what is right for us, suckers. the new Bandit looks pretty good too IMO.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Finally someone who doesn't love the 14's fugly looks. Thought I was the only one. I have always loved the Kawi's, but their styling in the last 5 years or so has been way behind the other top 3. I know aerodynamics force weird designs, but I wouldn't ride that thing by virtue of the fugly factor alone. Go for the Busa, although a big change is in the works soon and you may end up with last years design in a blink.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
slowpoke387 said:
 Finally someone who doesn't love the 14's fugly looks. Thought I was the only one. I have always loved the Kawi's, but their styling in the last 5 years or so has been way behind the other top 3. I know aerodynamics force weird designs, but I wouldn't ride that thing by virtue of the fugly factor alone. Go for the Busa, although a big change is in the works soon and you may end up with last years design in a blink.
that's what happened to me in 2005 when I bought my zx-12. 6 months go by and out comes the 14!! good thing it's ugly...I was kind of pissed

-chad

1 - 8 of 8 Posts