M109 Rider Forums banner

Have you met a 109 owner that regrets their purchase?

2K views 40 replies 24 participants last post by  Moonbaby 
#1 ·
Going through some of the threads I hadn't read yet... read a few of the "New Rider" and "Just bought an 07" threads and one of the things I notice is that whenever someone new joins the "Club" we all welcome them and tell them how much we love, and they are going to love, the 109.

And it got me to thinking... Has anyone NOT been happy??  :dontknow:

I don't know of anyone...
I think its a testimant to what a great job Suzuki did on the 109!!  :bigthumbsup:  :hot: :beer3: :clap2: :a18:

Now I just wish I could ditch work and go ride!!  :evil:

G
#4 ·
to be honest here, I sat on the 109 & bought it. went in to buy a yamaha warrior because I had ridden one & really liked the bike. after racing it all summer very happy w/the 1/4 mile times not happy w/ the road ridding & all the quiriks that came along w/it still I prefered the Warrior. like the bolt on performance stuff from yamaha not the crap that suz sells. now that the side car is hooked up & ready to go I will see what happens from here. the guy that installed my side car said it was the most HP bike he has ever installed one on & was really surprized by the performance & handling of it. well I rode it home from the install 67 miles it was fun 100mph on the highway never missed a beat it is different. well only time will tell but for now its ok. if I had to do it all over & rode it before I bought it I would have taken the warrior.

#7 ·
joet said:
to be honest here, I sat on the 109 & bought it. went in to buy a yamaha warrior because I had ridden one & really liked the bike. after racing it all summer very happy w/the 1/4 mile times not happy w/ the road ridding & all the quiriks that came along w/it still I prefered the Warrior. like the bolt on performance stuff from yamaha not the crap that suz sells. now that the side car is hooked up & ready to go I will see what happens from here. the guy that installed my side car said it was the most HP bike he has ever installed one on & was really surprized by the performance & handling of it. well I rode it home from the install 67 miles it was fun 100mph on the highway never missed a beat it is different. well only time will tell but for now its ok. if I had to do it all over & rode it before I bought it I would have taken the warrior.
:nopic:

PLEASE

Sled

#8 ·
I did research for months, then shopped the dealers for 6 weeks, did the local shows...
I was buying a BMW because all I wanted was a standard bike to ride on. Something to keep the front wheel down.
Something to NOT turn me back into the hooligan I used to be (always have been?? :D ) For years I knew I would get a HD
because they REALLY keep the front wheel down...
BUT I did consider everything, even some Ducati Monsters (naked = normal?)
The BMW R1150R was the best fit overall when price/value/looks/handling/etc was considered.
I was specifically against "forward" controls so I was only looking at specific cruisers and HD's
I walked past a black 109 weeks in a row without considering it because the pegs were NOT underneath me.
Then I remembered what my wife always says, "Try it on"
I did
I fell in love
I bought one and don't regret it.

Sledzep

G
#9 ·
:yikes: :yikes: :clap2:Read all about M109r, Talked about it with myself :eek:t: :eek:t:(yes drugs help), Then a day go to dealer See black on floor say NICE :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:,THEN She SHOW"S me THE FASTEST COLOR, (silver) being put in to servive on stand, :a18: :hot: :a18: :bad2thebone:I FALL IN TRUE LOVE>. Spent 4 Days Talken to self again :evil: :evil: :eek:Go in say I"LL TAKE IT>

#10 ·
I haven't met 1 & doubt I will.

:eek:t: Had an accident earlier this year and was looking for something 2 slow me down. Never thought I'd consider 1 but I checked out HD's of course, cause nothin slows you down like a HD :a20: Wasn't impressed, so I went away to continue my recovery and think about options. Some time later I walked out of a shop and saw the rear of Johnno's 9 and just went :yikes:

Tracked 1 down, which took weeks due to their popularity, sat on it :#1: and bought it. Haven't looked back since :a18:

#14 ·
DevilishEyes109 said:
I bought mine..no test ride...and no complaints...I sit on it sometimes and make vrrrrrrrooooomm sounds when I can't ride....ok..so I'm nutz :evil:

Devilish
:a20: Thats too funny... I have come home late at night after week+ business trips and sat on her for a few minutes. Never made the vroom sound though...

#21 ·
I don't know the guy personally, but he bought a black one just like mine, debadged it and put 900 miles on it. Turned it back into the dealer stating it made his back hurt. That's what my local dealer said when I asked him about the bike. I figured it was used since it was debadged. It's a great bike, but it isn't perfect for everyone. I imagine you hear nothing but praise here because the ones that don't like theirs probably aren't gonna join a fourm about it. Just a guess.

#22 ·
Medic1210 said:
I don't know the guy personally, but he bought a black one just like mine, debadged it and put 900 miles on it. Turned it back into the dealer stating it made his back hurt. That's what my local dealer said when I asked him about the bike. I figured it was used since it was debadged. It's a great bike, but it isn't perfect for everyone. I imagine you hear nothing but praise here because the ones that don't like theirs probably aren't gonna join a fourm about it. Just a guess.

Yep they are now on the HD board bashing the M109 j/k of course. I fell head over heals for this bike by just seeing pictures of it, the dealer didn´t even have them in stock then. It looked like no other cruiser and that is exactly what I wanted. I have had customized bikes in the past (my bank account can prove that but no matter how many €€ or $$ I put into it I was always adding and changing because other people (too many) bought the same grips, handlebars, seats etc etc. Now I have a bike that looks CHOICE (proof is the people staring at it when its parked somewhere) and other then putting a windshield on it and a sissybar/luggage rack I haven´t done a thing and you have to look around hard to find another 109 riding around :bigthumbsup: For sure the M109 isn´t for everyone (Thank God) who wants to own one from many

#26 ·
I regret not buying it earlier this year.....
I had a downpayment on a V-Rod since Sept 05 with a delivery for early Spring 06. The dealer (small HD) kept delaying the delivery until one day I walked out with another "It'll be another month" commitment. A friend who was with me said you need to have a look at what they have over at the Zuki dealership. I kinda chuckled and said sure.... I saw the black beast as soon as I went in and that was that. The strange thing was that I hadn't really seen much advertising of the M109R but then as soon as I bought it, it was all over the mags with reviews.
I love this bike....(to the tune of "I love this bar")

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.