M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a new car, 2011 Ford Taurus- so check book took a big hit will have to stop spending money on Ol' Blue ( 07 LE) at least for a while-

·
Registered
547 Posts
I am beginning to hate ford. We have owned a number of fords over the yrs and have had trouble with every damn one of them. The wife has a 1999 taurus for a work car. She was complaining about the shifter being stiff and hard to move. I get in to check it out, crank the car, shift into gear and that was it. Cable I assume broke, shifter stuck in somewhere, and had to go under the hood to put it into park. PIECE OF CRAP, LOUSY ENGINEERING. We see it in all modern rigs, poor design, all kinds of cables, hoses, sensors. Its like a 9, disassemble, take off the tank, remove this, remove that. There, I feel better. :doorag:
Good lord, it's 11 years old. It' not going to last forever.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am beginning to hate ford. We have owned a number of fords over the yrs and have had trouble with every damn one of them. The wife has a 1999 taurus for a work car. She was complaining about the shifter being stiff and hard to move. I get in to check it out, crank the car, shift into gear and that was it. Cable I assume broke, shifter stuck in somewhere, and had to go under the hood to put it into park. PIECE OF CRAP, LOUSY ENGINEERING. We see it in all modern rigs, poor design, all kinds of cables, hoses, sensors. Its like a 9, disassemble, take off the tank, remove this, remove that. There, I feel better. :doorag:
My wife bought a Mercury Cougar when I deployed back in 2003- Still have that car just short of 300,000 miles - the only repairs that have been done is normal wear and tear, I replaced the clutch this year and just replaced the alternator last week, I also replaced the timing belt-( just for routine maint.) It has been a hell of a car

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Just bought a new car, 2011 Ford Taurus- so check book took a big hit will have to stop spending money on Ol' Blue ( 07 LE) at least for a while-
congrats on the 2011 taurus its a good looking car with high tech power. bla bla bla, to people that say fords are crap. Its funny, people that have chevys, say fords are crap and ford people say that chevys are crap and mopar people say that everything else is crap. they all have their problems, but all makes are fine vehicles american and foreign.:doorag: P.S. like the Cougar with 300,000 miles or my neighbors 1990 Chevy Caprice with 295,000 miles and needing next to nothing, except oil changes, brakes and tires, oh, 1 water pump with all new rad hoses, see my point. one is a ford and one is GM. 300,000 miles on both, sounds like they got their moneys worth.

·
Registered
5,843 Posts
Ford First On Race Day.
Chevrolet Cheap Heaps Every Vehicle Rattles On Long Extended Trips.
Mopar Mostly Old Parts And Rust. Millions Of Pieces Arranged Randomly.

:joke:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts