M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 06 109r. I have right at 30,000 miles on it and I pull a small trailer when I go on trips. I have pulled the trailer around 4,000 miles. My question is how many miles should I get out of factory clutch? I have a trip to California from Kentucky plained next year and I just don't want to have any trouble on the road. I have had no trouble out of the clutch so far.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
This depends on the rider. Some guys could burn a clutch in no time while others may never have to replace one. If you've never had any trouble you probably shouldn't worry. I know I wouldn't.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
378 Posts
WoW!!!!!!!

30,000 man you make me proud of haveing a m109, has she been soild all those miles? I hope I can get those numbers with out too much of a headache... Rock on
:bigthumbsup:

I have a 06 109r. I have right at 30,000 miles on it and I pull a small trailer when I go on trips. I have pulled the trailer around 4,000 miles. My question is how many miles should I get out of factory clutch? I have a trip to California from Kentucky plained next year and I just don't want to have any trouble on the road. I have had no trouble out of the clutch so far.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,861 Posts
If you don't slip it a lot or abuse it on takeoff, it should last a long time. You need to keep enough slack in it that it's not all being taken up when the engine is pulling too.

I've had them in other bikes that got so old the plates just came apart, but only had to replace a couple due to mileage and wear.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
30,000 man you make me proud of haveing a m109, has she been soild all those miles? I hope I can get those numbers with out too much of a headache... Rock on
:bigthumbsup:
Yes the bike has been Very Solid. Back in the summer the fuel filter got stoped up and she didnt run so good but a new fuel filter an she came right back to life. I had to put rear bearings in the hub. I had a rear tire put on an one of the bearings was a little rough so I replaced them all. But other than that its just been general maintenance.

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
As stated, all in the rider. Mine went at 15k, but it was abused and the clutch cable wasn't properly adjusted from the factory. I have 16k on my new one and no issues. I don't ride hard and just enjoy it as a cruiser. If you are really worried, you can always bring some tools, and keep a spare clutch with you since you have room in the trailer. Honestly, it takes about an hour to do the full clutch if you have someone helping you remove the pipes.

Personally I wouldn't worry about it, but I would keep a spare cable with me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts