M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it just started when i left work today, everytime i stop, my bike smells like its cooking hash browns. i can only smell it while I'm sitting on it, if get off to pinpoint it, it goes away. has anyone had this problem or am i just going potatoes ?

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Hash browns huh............................... :confused:

·
Registered
230 Posts
no HB's here.... Serv'em up!

G

·
Potato, potato,..... I have it. You got on the wrong bike by accident. Sorry, man, the heat hear on the East coast is killer and my brain is fried.

Just thinking out loud for possibilities:

Oil? Could you have some oil leaking somewhere? How old is your bike? When the bikes are packaged, they have some type of oil on them that stinks when the bike is new, but I don't remember that smelling like hash browns. If it did, I would probably buy some and keep putting it on the bike. I luvs Hash browns.

·
Registered
600 Posts
When mine was leaking coolant, I thought it smelled kinda like something electrical overheating :confused: Wouldn't hurt to check between the jugs for the dreaded green slime, though :(

·
Registered
113 Posts
maybe someone stuffed tater tots down your baffles, thinking they'd shoot out and be funny, OR maybe they stuffed a potato in one of them.......but only had one potato, so you're not totally stopped up,......how's your power band, still good or feelin sluggish, I got some foam insulation on my pipes by accident....that didnt smell like has browns though....smelled like burnt rubber, cant get the dang stain off where it cooked though, (now i know how the woman feels when she's scrubbing pots and pans) any suggestions on that?!

·
Registered
71 Posts
SirBeeson said:
maybe they stuffed a potato in one of them.......but only had one potato, so you're not totally stopped up,......how's your power band, still good or feelin sluggish
That was my first thought, did you check your pipes??

G

·
109RS, you have, obivously, been to too many greezy spoons....."Smothered and covered?"

But, they ARE good at about 2 AM, along with alot of coffee, eggs, toast, and some sort of meat (or meat replica).

·
Registered
360 Posts
sounds like JR's Dad has been to Waffle House @ drunk thirty on Saturday night . :beer3: :clap2:

·
Registered
387 Posts
I know what you are talking about, It is a strange smell. Mine has done it from day one. You run it and park it in a closed environment and then you can smell it. I have 2400 miles and it still smells. I have no leaks. JOHN

1 - 20 of 22 Posts