M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering wheater or not anyone has tried comparing a Power Comander Vs. the Fi2000 with the same set up on the 109? How much of an improvement does really get, if any, with the PCIII vs. the Fi2000.

The reason I ask is that I am not really that much of a tweaker. I really just want to be able to plug this stuff in and if I get pretty close then I'm OK with it. It looks like the Cobra unit is a lot easier to install and If I can get with-in about 5 HP using the Fi2000 then I wont bother paying the extra dough for the PC.

Any thoughts?

Also, what is the difference between the Fi2000 and the Fi2000R?

G

·
They do similar things but they are intended for different purposes. The Cobra is intended for a simpler install, easy adjustment but lacks the ability to remove fuel. The Power Commander requires a little more knowledge and is able to be fine tuned much more accurately.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
The Fi2000R has the plugs to plug directly into your injectors, no splicing.

The Fi200R worked fine for me with baffles drilled & the Trunk cold air induction system.

The PCIII will alow you to reduce fuel, the Fi2000R only lets you add fuel. The PCIII can be tailored accross the RPM range, The FI2000R uses a low, medium & high setting.

You need a PC to load maps into the PCIII. :p :bigthumbsup: :doorag:

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
HalGreenlee said:
They do similar things but they are intended for different purposes. The Cobra is intended for a simpler install, easy adjustment but lacks the ability to remove fuel. The Power Commander requires a little more knowledge and is able to be fine tuned much more accurately.
Yes I was reading a comparason on another web site and I was able to figure that much out. I know that Lamont had dyno'd his bike with the PC, Big Air Kit and Cobra dragsters and got 122HP. I was wondereing if He or anyone else had tried swapping the PC for the Fi2000 and was able to get a dyno comparason between the two.

It was the opinion of that web site that the PC was really designed for people that like takling there bike to the track and ecking out every last hundreth of a second out of there machine. Thats really isn't me. I will never take mine to a track and run 1/4 times. What I really want is "seat-of -the-pants" improvement and looks. With that in mind wouldn't the Fi2000 be good enough?

·
Registered
6,343 Posts
x_caliber50 said:
Yes I was reading a comparason on another web site and I was able to figure that much out. I know that Lamont had dyno'd his bike with the PC, Big Air Kit and Cobra dragsters and got 122HP. I was wondereing if He or anyone else had tried swapping the PC for the Fi2000 and was able to get a dyno comparason between the two.

It was the opinion of that web site that the PC was really designed for people that like takling there bike to the track and ecking out every last hundreth of a second out of there machine. Thats really isn't me. I will never take mine to a track and run 1/4 times. What I really want is "seat-of -the-pants" improvement and looks. With that in mind wouldn't the Fi2000 be good enough?
It will be fine as long as your bike isn't running rich anywhere in the RPM range. I have the PCIII on mine and when I ran it on the dyno the A/F measurments showed VERY lean below 4k and somewhat rich above 4k. With the Cobra I could have taken the Lean out below 4k but wouldn't have been able to improve things above 4k.

That being said.... the bulk of my HP and Tq gains were from solving the lean condition.

:doorag:

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
[It will be fine as long as your bike isn't running rich anywhere in the RPM range. I have the PCIII on mine and when I ran it on the dyno the A/F measurments showed VERY lean below 4k and somewhat rich above 4k. With the Cobra I could have taken the Lean out below 4k but wouldn't have been able to improve things above 4k./quote]

just curious, was this with the stock Air box and pipes or after you had installed those items?

Thanks

·
Registered
6,343 Posts
I did my Dyno Runs after I had installed my cold air intake and drilled my pipes... Which is why I think it was so lean below 4k... Given it was rich above 4k after my mods I am curious to know how rich it was beforehand...

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
cool:bigthumbsup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts