M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have Kuryakyn Grips on my Volusia, but I don't like the look of them for the 109. I think solid Chrome would match the look much better.
Has anyone used Chrome Grips before? Do your hands slip in the rain, are they practical day to day?
I like the look of some of these I've posted below. The next challenge is finding out which ones will work on the 109.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I have not but IMHO I can't imagine how comfortable that would be on a longer ride. I think the stock grips are too hard and can't imagine holding onto a solid chrome grip for that long.
I guess this is where I draw my form / function line.

G

·
I have to agree with both of you. While I like the look of the chrome grips and think they'd really look sharp on the 109, I wonder how long they'd be comfortable to ride with.

I guess all we can do is hope someone who has experience with them will post up their opinion.

Just some thoughts from another Canuck......

·
Registered
525 Posts
Those grips do look really awesome. For me though, Kuryakyn's ISO grips look great and the comfort is top notch.

·
Registered
195 Posts
They look real cool but grab hold of them in the summertime and they might be a bit hot from cooking in the sun.

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
I had chrome grips on my VTX. I took them off after a month. They looked great but they were not comfortable at all and to restate what someone already posted above, Yes, In the summer they get very hot making your hands sweaty and therefore causing some grip issues.

·
Registered
956 Posts
I have them on my C90 for a year with no problems but then again you lean more on the 109 bars so I am hesitant to change.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts