M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was washing the bike and had an Idea. Ive been thinking about this winter diamond cutting my cooling fins on my own. but in the mean time I thought hey ive got a bucket full of clean water, why not san these down to polish? So I used 600,1500,2500 wet and thier starting to look really nice. thought I'd catch some air and type this out. now back out I go got to get ready for bike night. Love making thoes harley guys jelous as the ladys love yellow!!!!

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
You da' man! I have seen some guys do it on other bikes but not the 109. It looks great but I'll be honest, just too much work for me to do!

:bow:

Take some pics of your work. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
pic

Ok I tried a quick shot with the sun directly behind me. Can you tell which jug I did? If you can see it in the pics then when it is in front of you you can really tell. I'll have to buy a dremmel attachment to use the jewlers rough and polish. for now that is just sanded to 2500.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,077 Posts
Looks like you did the rear jug, and it does look nice!

Any idea on how to do diamond cutting? I saw a bike with diamond cut fins at a show earlier this year and I'd like to give that a try myself, but have no idea how to do it.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
who ever finds out first will share. I work in a production machine shop and the hole grinders just throw our the small grinding wheels allready glued to a mandral, I thought these would be a good start,thought i would get some 3/8 in thick alum. and give it a go.

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
i was thinking of having the jugs diamond cut this past winter, but just didn't want the extra down time. it looks good if it is done properly, but i think it can also make the bike look tacky if done incorrectly.

it looks like your rear jug was the one you worked on. it looks really good. nice work. :bigthumbsup:

·
Radio Active Member
27,696 Posts
That rear jug looks good. Victory has been doing the diamond cut jug for a couple of years now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts