M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys, just thought i would share this with you folk out there. We had the Africa bike week here in Margate South coast from 24 to 27 april with over 5000 bikes. This is one of the bikes that really caught my eye, could not get to speak to the owner but just heard him say that he has twin turbos on there. This bike is known as the joker as you can see. One other thing i did see is that it lays rubber down on take off. What do you guys think of it.

Mike. Margate South coast, South Africa

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Looks like a set of Webers on a very long inlet tracts. No turbos there with stock exhaust. But a way cool looking bike anyway. Guess he got tired of the FI for some reason.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Guys, just thought i would share this with you folk out there. We had the Africa bike week here in Margate South coast from 24 to 27 april with over 5000 bikes. This is one of the bikes that really caught my eye, could not get to speak to the owner but just heard him say that he has twin turbos on there. This bike is known as the joker as you can see. One other thing i did see is that it lays rubber down on take off. What do you guys think of it.

Mike. Margate South coast, South Africa
I aplologise guys but i would not know a turbo even if i saw one :redfaced: not to technical on engines, i just heard him speak about twin turbos, maybe he wants to put them on:dontknow::bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
109 Posts
sharp

very sharp some very unique ideas

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Sorry, I got to call shananigans on this one. You would really have to pull the entire wiring harness off and rewire to make that work. Speedo also goes through the ecu--there are ways around that, but still. There is no proof that he is just using that elaborate set up as just for intakes air only and still runs it all. There are no turbos on that bike Bigeh will chime in on that. Also, what would be the reason, other than being different, to lose HP and reliability with that set up. I say used for intakes only.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Prooved! The second set of pics shows the TPS still in place above the pipes---little grey thing---says throttle bodies are still there. Good looking bike over all, but have to do better than that to get past me.

·
Registered
913 Posts
They are just fancy air intakes. Still has modified stock pipes, no intercooler, and no wastegate. And like FuturR said, still has a tps sensor meaning the throttle bodies are still there.

Great looking bike, maybe it was a pick up line to pick up a chick, he did have two helmets on the bike!

·
Registered
367 Posts
one of the badest 9"s ive seen

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
They deleted the rear brake set-up. No pedal or rotor or caliper whatsoever.

-Josh
To me, that is just showing the intelligence score.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts