M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased some OEM Suzuki hard saddlebags to refurbish. Most of the hardware is in decent shape but the mounting bolts are toast (as you can see). I'm searching every nut and bolt site on the web in an attempt to locate these bolts. Any ideas? I believe the size is M6 x 25mm with a 3mm shoulder. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,049 Posts
They look like what is called an Elevator Bolt. Not sure where they got that name, but they have a large head like that. If yours has an Allen bolt hole in the center of the head, it might be hard to find them with that. And you'll probably need to make a bushing to emulate the shoulder. You can cut that out of a piece of tubing that is the right size.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,049 Posts
If you can't find new hardware, you can probably restore those to a usable condition. Use a wire brush on a drill, or even better, in a drill press. Most of that rust and corrosion will brush off. Then you can spray them black or whatever color you like to make them look better and to keep them from corroding again. You can use some grease on the threads to keep them from corroding. I'm assuming they aren't easily visible once the bags are installed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you can't find new hardware, you can probably restore those to a usable condition. Use a wire brush on a drill, or even better, in a drill press. Most of that rust and corrosion will brush off. Then you can spray them black or whatever color you like to make them look better and to keep them from corroding again. You can use some grease on the threads to keep them from corroding. I'm assuming they aren't easily visible once the bags are installed.
That's an idea. I will clean them up and go from there. Thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
489 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

As close as I could find Do you have Fastenal in your town
It’s special bolt and screw place,ours is very helpful
Thanks for the info. Your effort is much appreciated.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts