M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Time to Debeaver my beast to show off that tyre

Has anyone done this in NZ? and have any advice where to buy the plate and turn signals from????

I have debadged and drilled the pipes. Time for another mod.

I have seen the threads with great instructions, just looking for some local advice.

Cheers

·
Registered
20 Posts

Has anyone done this in NZ? and have any advice where to buy the plate and turn signals from????

I have seen the threads with great instructions, just looking for some local advice.

Cheers
Hi, I did mine a couple of weeks ago...it is very easy mod. I side mounted my plate. There are plenty of how to's on here or follow this link.
http://www.m90.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=545

It is a must do on the 90. If you live close to Palmerston North I can give you a hand. Cheers, Greg

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts

Cheers
opppps wrong model...thought I was in the m90 section....i suppose the 109 is very simular to do?:joke:

·
Registered
642 Posts
Hi, I did mine a couple of weeks ago...it is very easy mod. I side mounted my plate. There are plenty of how to's on here or follow this link.

It is a must do on the 90. If you live close to Palmerston North I can give you a hand. Cheers, Greg
Hi greg the bikes looking good I sold you the numberplate bolts mike :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
642 Posts
I have this chrome numberplate coming if you are after one $65.00 plus postage there is also some pics of indicators $20.00 a pair plus postage
can also sell number plate bolts $20.00 a set of 2 plus postage .
cheers mike

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi greg the bikes looking good I sold you the numberplate bolts mike :bigthumbsup:
Hi Mike, You certinally have great products at great prices. I did not end up using the ones I brought off you as the number plate bracket I brought came with one. They are still unopened if you need more. Cheers, Greg

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have this chrome numberplate coming if you are after one $65.00 plus postage there is also some pics of indicators $20.00 a pair plus postage
cheers mike
Sounds great Mike.
Do you have any pics of it on the bike?
Is this a side mount?
I like the side mount option but I have K-drives for the long rides. Would the side mount get in the way of the K-Drives?
How do I get in touch with you to purchase anything?
The pointy indicators are cool as well.
Thanks
Del

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Look great.

Where is the light to make it legal?
Like the back tyre exposed.
Just not sure if it would get in the way of my k drives.
Im in Auckland but thanks for the offer
Cheers
Del

·
Registered
642 Posts
cheers mike
yes it is a side mount you can mount it on your diff
Im not sure what k drives are but i would not think the side plate would be in the way .
hope that helps

you can email me on [email protected]
Specifications:
  • LED brake/tail light colour: red
  • LED license plate lights colour: white
  • Material: chrome billet aluminum
  • Voltage: 12V
  • Mounting: side mount
  • Compatibility: bikes with 3/4" or 1" rear axles
  • Frame dimensions: 17 x 9.4cm (6.7 x 3.7")

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yes it is a side mount you can mount it on your diff
Im not sure what k drives are but i would not think the side plate would be in the way .
hope that helps

you can email me on [email protected]
Specifications:
  • LED brake/tail light colour: red
  • LED license plate lights colour: white
  • Material: chrome billet aluminum
  • Voltage: 12V
  • Mounting: side mount
  • Compatibility: bikes with 3/4" or 1" rear axles
  • Frame dimensions: 17 x 9.4cm (6.7 x 3.7")
Thanks I will

·
Registered
20 Posts
Look great.

Where is the light to make it legal?
Like the back tyre exposed.
Just not sure if it would get in the way of my k drives.
Im in Auckland but thanks for the offer
Cheers
Del
Hi, All I did with mine to make Legal was stick a LED underneath the chrome gaurd bracket...you can't see in the pic as the indicator is in the way. Piece of cake....:bigthumbsup: That way there is no wires etc on your number plate bracket. Makes a bit neater.

·
Registered
57 Posts

Cheers
I bought a "tail tidy" off Trade Me and did this a couple of weeks ago. It says no cutting or whatever and just bolts on which is kinda true. You could just bolt it but that would leave 1/4 of your rear inner fender missing. The "how to" section suggests cutting the plastic beaver with a hacksaw blade, which is what I did. Just go slowly and is easier than hell.

And it looks great.

The other option to buying off TadeMe is to buy from States on ebay which is half the price, but then you need to deal with O'Seas shipping.

Oh yeah. The TM guy includes two little LEDs as number plate lights. Works great and easy to do. Looks 100% better.

If you live in Auck am happy to show you mine and walk you through it.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
216 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I bought a "tail tidy" off Trade Me and did this a couple of weeks ago. It says no cutting or whatever and just bolts on which is kinda true. You could just bolt it but that would leave 1/4 of your rear inner fender missing. The "how to" section suggests cutting the plastic beaver with a hacksaw blade, which is what I did. Just go slowly and is easier than hell.

And it looks great.

The other option to buying off TadeMe is to buy from States on ebay which is half the price, but then you need to deal with O'Seas shipping.

Oh yeah. The TM guy includes two little LEDs as number plate lights. Works great and easy to do. Looks 100% better.

If you live in Auck am happy to show you mine and walk you through it.:bigthumbsup:
Hi. Would love to see yours done. Im Auckland. Please email me [email protected] and I would be happy to meet up to view. There are heaps on TM, can you post the user you bought from?
Cheers
Del

·
Registered
71 Posts
cheers mike
Hi Mike Les here have you still got the indicators and r they LEDs Just bulit a new 9 it came up real well off work for 3 months so must catch up cheers

1 - 18 of 18 Posts