M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i went to daytona bike week last year (march 2009) and i saw this bike @ bruce rossmeyer's harley davidson in ormond beach.

i sat on it, very cool bike, and i remember it had a $40,000.00 price tag, just can't remember the name! it was not a one-of-a-kind bike, there were three of them all brand new, one black one white one copper.

i'm just curious to see more pics of that bike!

think you can help me?

thanks! :D

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
yep...

A little over a year ago we mentioned the news that Tim Cameron's Dreambike was going to take the leap from computer screen to metal and rubber. This week, the Dreambike, now known as the V-Rex, is being shown in Daytona and it looks like it made the jump without any changes, the computer model and the actual prototype look identical. Seeing this design on the computer screen for the first time, it looked amazing but thinking it would actually be built brings up all of the issues of how you actually carry it off. Looks like they did just fine. Power comes from a Harley Davidson Revolution V-Twin
Christian Travert, designer of the Y2K jetbike, is the man behind the V-Rex build and his company, Travertson Motorcycles of Fort Lauderdale, Florida, is also building the VR-2, another of Cameron's designs.
What's even more impressive about this project is the V-Rex isn't going to be a one off show, five more have already been sold to customers. Very cool.
I look forward to seeing more of Tim Cameron's designs come to life as well as the work of some of the other excellen. we've seen. If the computer design is well thought out, Christian Travert has just proven there's no reason they can't be built. Nice work!

link has a vid...
http://www.motorcycle.com/manufacturer/2008-travertson-vrex-review-75546.html

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that's the one! very nice, thanks :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Just remember it is powered by Porsche and HD! That bike was featured on two wheel tuesday (HD theatre channel). I like the bikes that confederate makes myself, now those are some sick looking bikes!

·
Registered
299 Posts
The V-Rex.

Very cool bike indeed regardless of the power plant.And---- it was designed by an AUSSIE,AUSSIE,AUSSIE.As for the price of US$40K,that is pretty good considering that a fully wanked out Harley bagger will set you back a lot more than that(here in Oz),so the V-Rex is good value.I'd by one if I could afford it.KEZZ.:bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts