M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, my time for riding this season is getting shorter, and this weekend looks like its going to be an awesome one to ride. Thinking about heading out to Harpers Ferry, WVA and then up in to the Sharpsburg, Md area. Will probably leave from Woodbridge about 9am. Who's down?

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
I Would love to go with ya , i have never been to Harpers Ferry , im a big history buff , and would love to see whats up there
I did see the Erol Flinn , Ronald Reagan movie :eek:

I know these Guys Just post up a meeting place and time , you Probbly wont be lonely !

Post pics for me , I have to work that day :'(

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I Would love to go with ya , i have never been to Harpers Ferry , im a big history buff , and would love to see whats up there
I did see the Erol Flinn , Ronald Reagan movie :eek:

I know these Guys Just post up a meeting place and time , you Probbly wont be lonely !

Post pics for me , I have to work that day :'(
We'll definitely have to get you up there sometime then! There's great riding out there - my route takes me in to Maryland to Sharpsburg and the Antietam Battlefield Park and along the Potomac, then back in to West Virginia, along the Shenandoah River, then make my way back home.

I'll definitely snap a picture or two for you

·
Registered
16,260 Posts
I'm a possibility, where would the meeting spot be? I'm in Montgomery county/Rockville area.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Weather permitting!!

Meet spot: Exxon at the Glenn (corner of Old Bridge Rd. and Prince William Parkway, across the street from McDonald's)
4255 Seeton Square
Woodbridge, Va 22192

Meet time: 8:45am
Depart: 9:00am

Route - we'll be heading out thru Clifton to Route 28 N then pick up Route 7 West to Leesburg. Hitting some back roads to Route 9, then out to Harpers Ferry Rd and 340 up in to Maryland. Various back roads from then which will take us thru Sharpsburg/Antietam Battlefield, then back in to West Va.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Dang Diggy, I'm caught up all day Sunday. I MAY be able to just come holla at you guys before you roll out, just to meet and greet. Keep me posted on other rides yo. jayh3n

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dang Diggy, I'm caught up all day Sunday. I MAY be able to just come holla at you guys before you roll out, just to meet and greet. Keep me posted on other rides yo. jayh3n
No worries man; this weekend and my next are my last ones for riding this season. Have reconstructive surgery on my knee on Aug. 13th, and dont think I'm going to get back in the saddle until late in the year or early next year, if there are some warm days

·
Registered
485 Posts
No worries man; this weekend and my next are my last ones for riding this season. Have reconstructive surgery on my knee on Aug. 13th, and dont think I'm going to get back in the saddle for quite some time
Awww man.. hate to hear that. :'( Recover quickly man :super: and I'll holla at you and see whatcha getting into next weekend.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sunday's not looking promising right now as far as the weather is concerned. Might have to push this to next weekend instead

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
Crap, i just realized your Planing this Ride for Sunday :redfaced:

I missed that Part Completley :duck: some how i thought your where Palning A saturday ride ,
keep us posted if your plan to re-schedule for next week , i want to see some of those places , i may run up to your neck of the woods and get a room saturday night just so i can Do this sight seeing Trip ,
I'm a BIG Civil War Buff

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

I missed that Part Completley :duck: some how i thought your where Palning A saturday ride ,
keep us posted if your plan to re-schedule for next week , i want to see some of those places , i may run up to your neck of the woods and get a room saturday night just so i can Do this sight seeing Trip ,
I'm a BIG Civil War Buff
Yeah, probably will move to next weekend for sure. If you wanna come up, let me know. No need in rentin' a room - I got space for ya

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
Yeah, probably will move to next weekend for sure. If you wanna come up, let me know. No need in rentin' a room - I got space for ya
Thanks , I need the Public Housing , They dont Call me ooinkk for nutin :eek:

i will do some checking for hotels ,any areas to avoid ?
or suggestions ?

·
Registered
277 Posts
Thanks , I need the Public Housing , They dont Call me ooinkk for nutin :eek:

i will do some checking for hotels ,any areas to avoid ?
or suggestions ?
HOW ABOUT AVOID THE WHOLE EAST COAST. THEN YOU MIGHT BE SAFE

·
Registered
2,164 Posts

I'm a BIG Civil War Buff
:pop::pop::pop:

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I would love to go .I am from Harpers Ferry nice roads but they are calling for rain on Sunday. Lets do Sat.7
Yeah, havent seen a bit of rain yet today!! I'm up for riding both Saturday and Sunday if the weather is good

G

·
Yeah, havent seen a bit of rain yet today!! I'm up for riding both Saturday and Sunday if the weather is good
I'll be riding to work this weekend...ya'll have fun...I'll try to pay closer attention next time so I don't miss out :clap2:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts