M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other day I took my fathers 2003 anniversary edition Harley Fatboy out for a cruise. He has done as much work to the top end as you can do. If he does anything else he has to buld up the bottom end.
Its a reminder on how slow they are. My question is how much money and work does someone have to put into a Harley to make them as fast as the m109?

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
A friend of mine has almost 20k in motor mods on his Fatboy and still can not touch me.

He was thrilled to get what we start with stock.

·
Registered
5,551 Posts
I am not sure, but...

SR, I am glad you brought this up. I have some friends I work with who mostly ride the bigger or biggest Harley and Victory bikes. Last year I only had my ZX14R, and they never really asked me to ride with them at all. However, I told all of them that I was looking for a good, strong, and powerful sporty looking cruiser, so I could go on long rides and be comfortable. Of course, respectively they all tried to convince me of the Harley and Victory options. Well, I bought my 9 the day after Thanksgiving in 2009, and now they still wont ride with me. They say the M109R is too powerful, and they know there is no chance of them keeping up. I guess it didn't help when I told them about the mods I have done...Aftermarket Air Intakes, K & N Air Filters, Power Commander, GIpro w/ATRE, Raw Performance pipe (which is due to arrive by the middle of June), and the dyno that will be done immediately after installing the Raw pipe. :a18: They also said the looks of a basic M109R makes their bikes look bad. They even went as far as to say they won't park their bikes next to mine if they see my bike parked in the bike parking lot at work. I asked them why didn't they buy an M109R if they new all of this or felt that way. They said they bought Harleys and Victories because of the name, resale value, or the fact that someone close to them had owned one, and convinced them that there was nothing out there that could touch the Harley or Victory brand.

All I could do was laugh at them, although they were serious.

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Grampi should be in shortly to give his opinion on the Harley matter :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
237 Posts
they got what they paid for,a designer label!

as for power theres only 1,, vrod liquid cooled&modern just like ours,

but still they dont like it(porche engine)whats wrong with that i ask myself!too modern,o well they want what they paid for&we got what we paid for,maybe in 10 yrs ill slow down &buy 1!

·
Registered
156 Posts
lmao to each is own if you want a bagger you gotta buy a harley mine has a radio and all is way more comfortable than my 9 was i would have had both if i could pull it off

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
lmao to each is own if you want a bagger you gotta buy a harley mine has a radio and all is way more comfortable than my 9 was i would have had both if i could pull it off
I`ve had 2 differant harleys and I can tell you for a fact the Harley lines can not hold a candle for power, COMFORT, handle, the only thing Harley has going for them these days is the Harley Davidson name. here is my 9 as a bagger. I have also had 2 other Harley riders ride my 9 and no longer own a harley and can not get over how much better the 9 is in all catagories with the exception of the sport bikes

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
id say and 8 grand jims 120 motor well then new clutch and trans and ul be in the running
i hate HD.

HD to a white guy is like a Cadillac to a black guy. means they achieved something in life.

i have achieved alot in life but i got the 109 because its worth every penny.:joke:

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Haha, I am a whitie & I own neither:p though my Dad has a Caddy Plus A Goldwing Trike:joke:

·
Registered
430 Posts
HD to a white guy is like a Cadillac to a black guy. means they achieved something in life.
... I don't quite get this one... (being black, I'm wondering if I should be offended).... Nah... it's just words, right?

HD and the whole mystique... you can have it. It has it's american heritage, and folks cling to it as though their life depended on it. Not my cup of tea...

I'll see ya in my mirror...

·
Registered
152 Posts
i think its funny. everyone trys to say their bike is the best, baddest, beautiful..est whatever you want to call it. i love the 9 because it is big, powerful, comfortable, reliable and very agaile and smooth in the twisties. its does everything well. other bikes do certain things well, this bike has it all IMHO.

oh yea, and harleys are dumb.

:D

·
Registered
284 Posts
i hate HD.

i have achieved alot in life but i got the 109 because its worth every penny.:joke:
hey i.am blk and never had or wanted a caddy my taste is lexus and acura :bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:LOL

·
Registered
430 Posts
hey i.am blk and never had or wanted a caddy my taste is lexus and acura :bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:LOL
It's an old stereo-type... some things never die.

But HD's ARE slow...

It's not even fair to call the V-Rod a HD... it's a porche... but, let them have their fun....

again I say... see you HD's in my mirror

·
Registered
927 Posts
uh what about goldwing....

but seriously..I think these threads make me think folks have a some type of inferiority complex about their bikes compared to harleys...I like my bike plain and simple and couldnt care less what the next guy decides to buy....why??? because I dont have to ride it. I do think its funny how some HD riders are caught up in the silliness of the name...but I think folks who bash them(harley's) non-stop are no different.

·
Registered
29 Posts
It's an old stereo-type... some things never die.

But HD's ARE slow...

It's not even fair to call the V-Rod a HD... it's a porche... but, let them have their fun....

again I say... see you HD's in my mirror
The new harley crossbones was hanging with me pretty good the other day. sucks that the new harleys are half chinese, hopefully one day harley will be back to an american made bike again. ill tell ya one thing, my ironhorse LSC would do circles around this m109r.

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
Well we rode to the Wall in North Carolina today.....hundreds...mostly Harley's ...of course we stayed in line on the way down...but on the way back we broke out...my riding partner on his warmed over Street Rod, me on the 109,my boss with his warmed over SE Road glide and a Triumph Rocket....all the rest were far behind :eek: My bosses bike isn't really faster but he held the national record for a fueler Harley years back and only knows WOT :D at 67 years old I'm not gonna argue with him. :bigthumbsup:

1 - 20 of 97 Posts