1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
It pulls much of its design from the 1930s-1940s harleys:

·
Registered
709 Posts
Kind of lame actually, he had to put twin jet turbines on a Harley to get the same 0-60 as our internal combustion M109 engine..."According to Maddox, who did five test runs on the bike before handing it over to its new owner, it does 0-60 in “maybe five seconds.” Finally, a "HD" that can run with the 9:dontknow:

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Kind of lame actually, he had to put twin jet turbines on a Harley to get the same 0-60 as our internal combustion M109 engine..."According to Maddox, who did five test runs on the bike before handing it over to its new owner, it does 0-60 in "maybe five seconds." Finally, a "HD" that can run with the 9:dontknow:
Jet bikes usually do better in the 100+ range than the 0-60 range.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Jet bikes usually do better in the 100+ range than the 0-60 range.
I know that, but the dude is talking 0-60 times here, so apples to apples. Still wouldn't be thrilled that a heavier bone stock production bike 1/10 the cost could conceivably run and beat me from a stop. Kind of a neat one-off if you've got the money I guess.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
HD

Nothing at all, but that doesn't stop people from calling anything a HD, even if they're no HD parts.
I have no idea why people love HD, buy one, then get rid of most of the HD parts until they have a decent running/looking bike. Yeah, I'm one of those guys who "just doesn't get it", and "wouldn't understand anyway if they expalined it" like my understanding of the English language is so inferior to theirs and my intellect not up to the big picture they see.
I guess assembling HDs in India will make them Indians now? See, I just don't get it. Gosh, I wish I was smarter.:-\

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
Nothing at all, but that doesn't stop people from calling anything a HD, even if they're no HD parts.
I have no idea why people love HD, buy one, then get rid of most of the HD parts until they have a decent running/looking bike. Yeah, I'm one of those guys who "just doesn't get it", and "wouldn't understand anyway if they expalined it" like my understanding of the English language is so inferior to theirs and my intellect not up to the big picture they see.
I guess assembling HDs in India will make them Indians now? See, I just don't get it. Gosh, I wish I was smarter.:-\
OH CONTRA ma friend. We ride 9's nuff said..........

·
Registered
423 Posts
its not a turbine jet, its a pulse jet, extreamly simple design.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
I know that, but the dude is talking 0-60 times here, so apples to apples. Still wouldn't be thrilled that a heavier bone stock production bike 1/10 the cost could conceivably run and beat me from a stop. Kind of a neat one-off if you've got the money I guess.
looked to me more like a response to a dumb interview question from a writer that did not know that to be comparing apples to apples, the question should have been what is the 0-150 time, or what is the top speed.

Writers ask dumb under-informed questions, get answers that then sound like the person answering the question is dumb.

·
Registered
5,843 Posts
its not a turbine jet, its a pulse jet, extreamly simple design.
Yup, originally used in WW II on the Fiesler Fi 103 V1 flying bombs. Extremely loud and advertise their presence long before the vehicle arrives.

·
Registered
300 Posts
don't get it

harley davidson is to american men what ground up rhino horn is to asian men :dontknow:

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Now This Is A Real Jetbike

The Ballistic Eagle and it's not a Harley either------ :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
89 Posts
I love the John Ritter lookalike sitting on the bike LOL!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts